Another project, all digital DDX amplifier - Page 27 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th September 2011, 03:17 PM   #261
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2k92 View Post
What is the max sample rate the usb interface can accept ?
Hi, there is no USB input on DDX320. And our board accept 192kHz inputs.
Old 20th September 2011, 04:26 AM   #262
diyAudio Member

I have received the ddx boards a week ago, and have been trying out one. I must say that I really like the sound of it. It feels like it plays very loud, even when the volume is not very loud, the music stands out clear and loud. I guess it sounds a bit more neutral than TK2050 (which add's a bit of magic in the mid). But it is not a "cold digital" type of neutral. It sounds full and neither warm or cold, just clear.

I have tried it on both my DIY speakers and on my Hifiman HE-5SE headphones (yes those headphones sounds very good on speaker amps, been using them with the T1 amp for a while), and I think this amp is the most exciting that happened in my hifi life since discovering the direct-out DAC mod and of course the Tripath amps.

However, I've been having some noise issues from time to time. It is most easily heard with open, clear music, like a dry sounding bass drum in the left channel, will make the right channel play a higher pitch sshh kind of sound that follows the bass drum rhythm. It sounds a bit like the bass drum was resampled into very low bit resolution (like 4 or 2 bits).
It is not there all the time, so it is a bit difficult to look into it. When it is there it stays for the rest of the listening session normally. But then I was trying to record this noise to show yubing, it was gone.
I'm still trying to discover if it could be something else with my setup/source, but I have heard it both from coax and opt input, so I doubt so.
Any ideas about this noise would be appreciated.
Old 20th September 2011, 05:48 PM   #263
Havoc08 is offline Havoc08  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Havoc08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick122147 View Post
It feels like it plays very loud, even when the volume is not very loud, the music stands out clear and loud.
I (mis)understand this as the distortion figures being higher? Usually how I can tell that a system is high grade is that you play at higher volumes than you should because there is no distortion to tell your ears/brain that this is loud. Adding distortion, be it a cheap amp or cheap'ish speakers tend to bring the sound more forward at lower volumes in my experience, but louder volumes unbearable.
Old 20th September 2011, 06:43 PM   #264
diyAudio Member

I should have added that I also think it sounds good on louder volume.

Last edited by Nick122147; 20th September 2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 21st September 2011, 01:29 AM   #265
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I have received the ddx boards a week ago, and have been trying out one. I must say that I really like the sound of it. It feels like it plays very loud, even when the volume is not very loud, the music stands out clear and loud. I guess it sounds a bit more neutral than TK2050 (which add's a bit of magic in the mid). But it is not a "cold digital" type of neutral. It sounds full and neither warm or cold, just clear.

I have tried it on both my DIY speakers and on my Hifiman HE-5SE headphones (yes those headphones sounds very good on speaker amps, been using them with the T1 amp for a while), and I think this amp is the most exciting that happened in my hifi life since discovering the direct-out DAC mod and of course the Tripath amps.

However, I've been having some noise issues from time to time. It is most easily heard with open, clear music, like a dry sounding bass drum in the left channel, will make the right channel play a higher pitch sshh kind of sound that follows the bass drum rhythm. It sounds a bit like the bass drum was resampled into very low bit resolution (like 4 or 2 bits).
It is not there all the time, so it is a bit difficult to look into it. When it is there it stays for the rest of the listening session normally. But then I was trying to record this noise to show yubing, it was gone.
I'm still trying to discover if it could be something else with my setup/source, but I have heard it both from coax and opt input, so I doubt so.
Any ideas about this noise would be appreciated.
Hi Nick,

I have not ordered the amp yet, but might do so soon.

Just to let you know I did encounter distorted digital sound ( I am presently using miniamp and minidisp) before when using with my LG blu ray player as source. In the end I traced it back to the player. I switched the player off and on again and it was gone. Might want to try that with your player...

Oon
Old 21st September 2011, 01:45 AM   #266
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oon_the_kid View Post
Hi Nick,

I have not ordered the amp yet, but might do so soon.

Just to let you know I did encounter distorted digital sound ( I am presently using miniamp and minidisp) before when using with my LG blu ray player as source. In the end I traced it back to the player. I switched the player off and on again and it was gone. Might want to try that with your player...

Oon
I have tried different sources, all the same.
I did discover that it dissapeard (and stay away) after a restart (cut power) off the amp.
Old 21st September 2011, 11:21 AM   #267
diyAudio Member

Well, as long as you can get rid of it by switching it off.... somewhere somehow, the digital got screwed up sometimes...

Oon

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk
Old 21st September 2011, 05:43 PM   #268
diyAudio Member

Nick,

A quick question. I apologize if this has been addressed previously.

Does the cross-over setting affect both the low pass for the sub AND high pass for the satellites, or just low pass for the sub only with the satellites always running full range?

Thanks,

Duc

EDIT:
Never mind, I see that the satellites are running full range, practically.

Last edited by hoxuanduc; 21st September 2011 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Follow up
Old 21st September 2011, 09:28 PM   #269
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I have tried different sources, all the same.
I did discover that it dissapeard (and stay away) after a restart (cut power) off the amp.
I assume the first wave of units has shipped? Has anyone received theirs yet?

If the noise has disappeared, then the unit might just have needed some time to break-in.
Old 22nd September 2011, 01:36 AM   #270
diyAudio Member

Yubing also discovered the noise, and he said he'll send me a new cable (for connecting the small control board) he thinks that should fix it.
We haven't shipped any yet (because of this). If the cable fixes it, then they'll ship next week.

Hide this!Advertise here!