Another project, all digital DDX amplifier - Page 26 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th September 2011, 06:47 AM   #251
diyAudio Member

yes, and a nice price too. I'm not sure I can use it with my miniDSP since all channels share the same spdif input. But if the advanced module will be something like the sinewave I link to, I will skip the miniDSP and go for a DSP featured digital amp.
Old 6th September 2011, 01:36 PM   #252
Havoc08 is offline Havoc08  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Havoc08
Hifimediy is there any data available regarding THD, channel separation, dynamic range and all these things normally found in a datasheet? Can't decide if I should build a T2 amp with high end DAC or the powerdac DDX320.
Old 8th September 2011, 10:18 AM   #253
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldsen View Post
yes, and a nice price too. I'm not sure I can use it with my miniDSP since all channels share the same spdif input. But if the advanced module will be something like the sinewave I link to, I will skip the miniDSP and go for a DSP featured digital amp.
The input spdif signal of this board should be IEC60958 standard, our PCM2706 box can work with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc08 View Post
Hifimediy is there any data available regarding THD, channel separation, dynamic range and all these things normally found in a datasheet? Can't decide if I should build a T2 amp with high end DAC or the powerdac DDX320.
We didn't test the THD, but I think you can refer to datasheet first. And in my opinion, DDX320 will save your money compare to DAC and amps, may be it worth to have both of them, they are much different.
Old 8th September 2011, 01:34 PM   #254
Havoc08 is offline Havoc08  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Havoc08
I googled the spec sheet from ST, but unless there is another spec sheet around, the information is fairly sparse?

Did you have a chance to compare the sound between the T-amps and the DDX320?

Is there any way to change the xover to the sub to 24dB?

BTW Kjeldsen. I checked your link to the TAS5630 amps. They look like decent quality, but the specs are only fair in my opinion, compared to the TK2050 amps.
Also, the TAS5630 is NOT a fully digital amp like DDX320 (or did I misunderstand the DDX320?), but converts to analogue before amplification, much like the T-amps. For a full digital amp the chip should be TAS5631 as far as I gathered.
Old 8th September 2011, 05:55 PM   #255
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimediy View Post
The input spdif signal of this board should be IEC60958 standard, our PCM2706 box can work with this.
My setup with miniDSP would be stereo 2 way crossover, and one spdif out to one DDX320 would be left speaker. I would like to use the 100 watt 4 ohm for woofers, and 50 watt 8 ohm to 4" fullrangers, and then one 50 watt 8 ohm channel unused. I can't figure out how the outcome would be.
Old 13th September 2011, 02:15 PM   #256
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldsen View Post
My setup with miniDSP would be stereo 2 way crossover, and one spdif out to one DDX320 would be left speaker. I would like to use the 100 watt 4 ohm for woofers, and 50 watt 8 ohm to 4" fullrangers, and then one 50 watt 8 ohm channel unused. I can't figure out how the outcome would be.
it will be a special use, and the standard version will not ok for your use.. But I can make it as you need.
Old 13th September 2011, 09:11 PM   #257
boudy is online now boudy  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Please clarify the high pass filtering on the stereo channels

Is there a high pass filter?

If so, is it fixed or variable?

What is the filter frequency?

Thanks.
Old 14th September 2011, 01:32 AM   #258
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boudy View Post
Is there a high pass filter?

If so, is it fixed or variable?

What is the filter frequency?

Thanks.
Hi, the high pass filter on the channel is used for DC cut-off, for protect the speakers.
Old 14th September 2011, 01:43 AM   #259
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc08 View Post
I googled the spec sheet from ST, but unless there is another spec sheet around, the information is fairly sparse?

Did you have a chance to compare the sound between the T-amps and the DDX320?

Is there any way to change the xover to the sub to 24dB?
Hi, T-amps is amplifier and performance depend on which DAC/player you r using, DDX is a power DAC you can say, so it's not easy to say which is better.
The sub channel volume can be changed separately but you may not know exactly how many dB on DDX320.
Old 16th September 2011, 11:43 PM   #260
i2k92 is offline i2k92  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

What is the max sample rate the usb interface can accept ?

Hide this!Advertise here!