Another project, all digital DDX amplifier - Page 24 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th July 2011, 10:58 AM   #231
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexScan View Post
Ok the power chip was include inside the board !!!

This is not good for me I have two 4Ω/10" speaker for the bass in my system
But we also have more powerful chips, when sta510 or 517B used, we can handle down to 2ohm speakers.
Old 20th July 2011, 12:54 PM   #232
diyAudio Member

Any chance we can ask at checkout for 2 optical inputs to be soldered on or can this be easily done by the end user? I have 2 optical sources and no spdif coax sources

BTW hifimediy, i would love to see your version of a miniDSP hopefully running with a lower cost and preferably with digital input and outputs built in, hell i wouldnt care if it had no analog inputs, 6 bands of parametric per channel or a good 32 channel graphical paired with this amp would be a sweet little system. Really doesnt need a physical interface either, Id set and forget over a usb from comp.

Fully digital sound, including high bit rate EQ would make a very happy customer of me

Next project maybe? *nudge nudge*

Thanks for what is hopefully a nice amp here though!

Last edited by Mitch311; 20th July 2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old 21st July 2011, 08:05 AM   #233
diyAudio Member

+1000 for Mitch, I dream on a Hifimediy DDX version of the miniDSP !

Maybe one day ...
Old 21st July 2011, 12:04 PM   #234
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexScan View Post
+1000 for Mitch, I dream on a Hifimediy DDX version of the miniDSP !

Maybe one day ...
Yes it would be nice. But I would happily settle for a nice simple three or four channel power stage that could additionally take i2s inputs direct from the miniDSP or DAC etc. In fact, although total costs would be higher, I would prefer this for the flexibility it would give. Bit of a shame that the DDX isn't being built like this really - it could sensibly be an i2s coupled pre and power stage .
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:19 AM   #235
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosewing View Post
Yes it would be nice. But I would happily settle for a nice simple three or four channel power stage that could additionally take i2s inputs direct from the miniDSP or DAC etc. In fact, although total costs would be higher, I would prefer this for the flexibility it would give. Bit of a shame that the DDX isn't being built like this really - it could sensibly be an i2s coupled pre and power stage .
With the minidsp and the minidigi plugin for it you will essentially have that system when combined with hifimediy's ddx amp. Minidsp will accept analog or 2 optical inputs and will output on another optical spdif to the ddx amp. All set. I just imagine hifimediy's won't cost $160-$170.

Obviousoy though you are still limited to a 2.1 system. Minidsp does output upto 4 channels via i2s we just need someone to build a bigger version of the miniAmp.

Last edited by Mitch311; 22nd July 2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 26th July 2011, 02:59 PM   #236
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch311 View Post
With the minidsp and the minidigi plugin for it you will essentially have that system when combined with hifimediy's ddx amp. Minidsp will accept analog or 2 optical inputs and will output on another optical spdif to the ddx amp. All set. I just imagine hifimediy's won't cost $160-$170.

Obviousoy though you are still limited to a 2.1 system. Minidsp does output upto 4 channels via i2s we just need someone to build a bigger version of the miniAmp.
Of course we will not Limit here, DDX320 will be our first step, and we will have more later, different boards for different use.
Old 27th July 2011, 09:43 AM   #237
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimediy View Post
Of course we will not Limit here, DDX320 will be our first step, and we will have more later, different boards for different use.
I look forward to it !
Old 29th July 2011, 01:06 AM   #238
diyAudio Member

Ok so 3 questions.

First the big one! Can't believe I forgot to ask this, what slope is the cross over filter for the .1 channel? I hope it's -18dB or better as a -6dB or some such would be near useless for my purposes.

2) will the amp chipset you will first ship with be able to handle a 5.6ohm load for the main speakers and a 6ohm sub load? Or will I have to wait till you start using different amp chips?

3) is there a seperate volume control for the .1 channel (or main channels) or will I have to control all my bass output via EQ? This could be limiting for those who do not plan to buy a miniDSP or who have a 16band GEQ on their comp.

Thanks,
Mitch
Old 11th August 2011, 04:23 AM   #239
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimediy View Post
I'm preparing the first batch, and soon you will find it on hifimediy.com.
I keep checking any updates for us?
Old 11th August 2011, 10:31 AM   #240
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch311 View Post
Ok so 3 questions.

First the big one! Can't believe I forgot to ask this, what slope is the cross over filter for the .1 channel? I hope it's -18dB or better as a -6dB or some such would be near useless for my purposes.

2) will the amp chipset you will first ship with be able to handle a 5.6ohm load for the main speakers and a 6ohm sub load? Or will I have to wait till you start using different amp chips?

3) is there a seperate volume control for the .1 channel (or main channels) or will I have to control all my bass output via EQ? This could be limiting for those who do not plan to buy a miniDSP or who have a 16band GEQ on their comp.

Thanks,
Mitch
Hi Mitch.
The filter is about -12dB.
And the amp can handle 6ohm stereo and 4ohm sub. So, it's ok to use for 5.6ohm when you keep the supply voltage a little lower.
We can add some code to control the bass volume separately.
Thanks for your ideas.

Hide this!Advertise here!