Another project, all digital DDX amplifier - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th August 2010, 04:24 PM   #11
udailey is offline udailey  United States
diyAudio Member

APWorkbench from ST is free of charge. If you added USB capability to communicate with the chip, even us DIYers could put whatever crossover we desired into it. You would rule the DIY world
Old 17th August 2010, 06:46 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by udailey View Post
APWorkbench from ST is free of charge. If you added USB capability to communicate with the chip, even us DIYers could put whatever crossover we desired into it. You would rule the DIY world
The board has a USB port, so this might work as long as the STA320 chip is compatible with APWorkbench. But most people will probably want to use the hardware-based crossover, since software adds another layer of complexity.

From the diagram, it looks like the subwoofer-out is amplified (100w). I'm not sure how well this configuration will work in practice, since quite a few subwoofers will need more power than that. It might be better to make the subwoofer output non-amplified (signal level), and use the second power chip to provide dual 100w outputs to the main speakers.
Old 17th August 2010, 07:03 PM   #13
teamacc is offline teamacc  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

The board is fully digital, so the sub out has to be connected to some chip that accepts PWM signal like stuff, like the tp2050 or the sta517b (chip from the T3 board).

I would love the moduled building
Old 17th August 2010, 07:21 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamacc View Post
The board is fully digital, so the sub out has to be connected to some chip that accepts PWM signal like stuff, like the tp2050 or the sta517b (chip from the T3 board).

I'll second (third?) the idea of a modular solution, so people can mix and match parts according to their needs. Say, 2.1 and 5.1 audio controller boards, a variety of power stage boards (2x50w, 1x100w, etc.), and a front panel device. Add a selection of power supplies and/or transformers, and you've got a product line.
Old 17th August 2010, 08:47 PM   #15
udailey is offline udailey  United States
diyAudio Member

Check out what Hypex is doing
http://www.hypex.nl/docs/AS2.100/Man...100%20V1.2.pdf
Page 11
Uriah
Old 17th August 2010, 09:24 PM   #16
Boss187 is offline Boss187  Europe
diyAudio Member

Looks good! I reckon dont complicate things, make the 2.1 perfect, then release a 5.1 version at a later stage.
Old 19th August 2010, 05:55 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyan View Post
So is the subwoofer out amlified, or just signal? If signal, does it have a crossover? And what crossover order?
It has a 2nd-order low path crossover(soft configurable). This is a all-in-one and will drive subwoofer itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udailey View Post
Good idea. For this version usb is for audio only(USB to S/PDIF).
I add a LCM, and many configuration can be handle by diyer. but I still think your suggestion is very valuable.

Quote:

If working with T3, have to remove some chips and do some wire work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierAnt76 View Post
I'll second (third?) the idea of a modular solution, so people can mix and match parts according to their needs. Say, 2.1 and 5.1 audio controller boards, a variety of power stage boards (2x50w, 1x100w, etc.), and a front panel device. Add a selection of power supplies and/or transformers, and you've got a product line.
yes. We seperate the front pannel now, and we can support STA505~STA517 on this board.
Old 19th August 2010, 08:48 AM   #18
teamacc is offline teamacc  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimediy View Post
It has a 2nd-order low path crossover(soft configurable). This is a all-in-one and will drive subwoofer itself.
Does it have a high pass filter too, for the other channels?
Old 19th August 2010, 09:35 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Does it have a high pass filter too, for the other channels?
The high pass filter is used for DC block, so the output DC offset will be very low(about 1mV in my test).
There is tone(Treble/Bass) and EQ controller can be used.
Old 19th August 2010, 07:52 PM   #20
kc7wdg is offline kc7wdg  United States
diyAudio Member

I cannot wait to see it but I hope it isn't to $$$$ this is a hobby I save money to indulge in.

Hide this!Advertise here!