Another project, all digital DDX amplifier - Page 17 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th April 2011, 09:10 AM   #161
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to ackcheng
Does it take i2s input?
Old 9th April 2011, 09:47 AM   #162
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackcheng View Post
Does it take i2s input?
sorry, no. We have cs8416 on board so S/PDIF signal is accepted.
Old 9th April 2011, 10:06 AM   #163
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierAnt76 View Post
The LCD display was nice, but it wasn't essential. The biggest loss is the lack of a volume knob, and (potentially) the inability to configure the subwoofer crossover. Otherwise, the sound and functionality ought to be the same.
Yes, and we set it 120Hz for sub-woofer crossover. I think it will be easier to use
And we will not give up the LCD version. But this one will be simpler(to use) and cheaper.
Old 9th April 2011, 07:57 PM   #164
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimediy View Post
Yes, and we set it 120Hz for sub-woofer crossover. I think it will be easier to use
And we will not give up the LCD version. But this one will be simpler(to use) and cheaper.
Alas, I use a 80hz crossover with my speakers. Looks like I'll have to keep waiting.
Old 9th April 2011, 08:58 PM   #165
diyAudio Member

Another thought: the only two settings that matter to most users are 1) the volume, and 2) the crossover. If you can implement both without an LCD - e.g., adding a volume knob and a dip switch for the crossover - that will probably be enough for the casual enthusiast who simply wants a quality digital amp with subwoofer outputs.

In any case, it will be hard for most DIYers to make an LCD screen look nice in a home-built case (cutting holes, etc.). If the screen is adding unnecessary complexity to the project, then maybe it's not worth the trouble.
Old 9th April 2011, 11:36 PM   #166
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierAnt76 View Post
Another thought: the only two settings that matter to most users are 1) the volume, and 2) the crossover. If you can implement both without an LCD - e.g., adding a volume knob and a dip switch for the crossover - that will probably be enough for the casual enthusiast who simply wants a quality digital amp with subwoofer outputs.

In any case, it will be hard for most DIYers to make an LCD screen look nice in a home-built case (cutting holes, etc.). If the screen is adding unnecessary complexity to the project, then maybe it's not worth the trouble.
Agreed, even simple LED status lights for bitrate, input selection will suffice...

Jaz
Old 10th April 2011, 12:46 AM   #167
Havoc08 is offline Havoc08  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Havoc08
3rd that. Really glad to see you back on this project hifimediy as I have been holding back for it also, but I must admit that the first version and its possibilities was much more what I was looking for than this.

Not to disencourage you .
Old 10th April 2011, 09:09 AM   #168
diyAudio Member

Hi hifimediy

I also support volume control and adjustable cross over. Do that and I will definetly buy. I also use a 80Hz cross over.

I don't even need LED :P

Mitch
Old 10th April 2011, 03:37 PM   #169
diyAudio Member

Hi guys, I understand and I will redesign the software to meet your command.
Old 10th April 2011, 03:47 PM   #170
diyAudio Member

There is a I2C port on board so we can use it for volume control and simple display like LED dots, better than none? ^_^

Hide this!Advertise here!