• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

High-end NOS DAC Kit with PCM1704 up to 24bit/192KHz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After three years, many prototypes and intensive listening test, I present the Jundac Two, a high-end 24bit non-oversampling digital to analog converter. It integrates four inputs: S/PDIF or AES/EBU, an optional external clock for very low jitter operation and stereo fixed analog output.

A non oversampling DAC don't use any digital filter. Data coming from CD are directly converted to analog; there is no coloratura introduced by digital filtering, noise shaping or dithering. Before output, the signal is smoothed by a sweet first order low pass filter. To reach best listening quality, it can be coupled to an external low jitter clock.

High speed ICs are of the 74AC family with symmetrical output impedance and balanced propagation delay. To minimize reflection, all digital lines are loaded and PCB is 75ohm compliant. To minimize noise in power supply, critical capacitors are Wima FKP2 polypropylene film and foil. Analog section uses SCR polypropylene capacitors and Elna Silmic II electrolytic capacitor.
Power supplies in a DAC are critical to the overall design. The Jundac Two uses thirteen very low noise separate regulators. These power supplies use polypropylene capacitors and three separated power transformers.

Never a kit pushes so far music refinement. Learn more...

FEATURES
• FOUR DIGITAL INPUTS S/PDIF, AES3,
• DIGITAL TRANSFORMER INPUT,
• RCA, BNC or XLR input connector,
• ACCEPT 16, 18, 20, 24 BIT,
• 32K TO 192KHz,
• NO OVERSAMPLING, no digital filter,
• OPTIONAL CLOCK INPUT: 128FS to minimize jitter,
• INCLUDE CS8416 DIR RECEIVER with digital de-emphasis,
• DAC chips PCM1704
• LOW NOISE REGULATORS, LT1763, LT3080,
• BOARD SIZE: 305mm X 191mm

You can find a complete technical description on my web site and more pictures about this kit.

Hope you share this experience with us.

Few pictures.

Attachments

• jundactwo01.jpg
    jundactwo01.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 1,398
  • jundactwo02.jpg
    jundactwo02.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 1,342
After three years, many prototypes and intensive listening test, I present the Jundac Two, a high-end 24bit non-oversampling digital to analog converter. It integrates four inputs: S/PDIF or AES/EBU, an optional external clock for very low jitter operation and stereo fixed analog output.

A non oversampling DAC don't use any digital filter. Data coming from CD are directly converted to analog; there is no coloratura introduced by digital filtering, noise shaping or dithering. Before output, the signal is smoothed by a sweet first order low pass filter. To reach best listening quality, it can be coupled to an external low jitter clock.

High speed ICs are of the 74AC family with symmetrical output impedance and balanced propagation delay. To minimize reflection, all digital lines are loaded and PCB is 75ohm compliant. To minimize noise in power supply, critical capacitors are Wima FKP2 polypropylene film and foil. Analog section uses SCR polypropylene capacitors and Elna Silmic II electrolytic capacitor.
Power supplies in a DAC are critical to the overall design. The Jundac Two uses thirteen very low noise separate regulators. These power supplies use polypropylene capacitors and three separated power transformers.

Never a kit pushes so far music refinement. Learn more...

FEATURES
• FOUR DIGITAL INPUTS S/PDIF, AES3,
• DIGITAL TRANSFORMER INPUT,
• RCA, BNC or XLR input connector,
• ACCEPT 16, 18, 20, 24 BIT,
• 32K TO 192KHz,
• NO OVERSAMPLING, no digital filter,
• OPTIONAL CLOCK INPUT: 128FS to minimize jitter,
• INCLUDE CS8416 DIR RECEIVER with digital de-emphasis,
• DAC chips PCM1704
• LOW NOISE REGULATORS, LT1763, LT3080,
• BOARD SIZE: 305mm X 191mm

You can find a complete technical description on my web site and more pictures about this kit.

Hope you share this experience with us.

Eric,

Welcome to DIYAudio. I find your kit well documented and your website is easy to navigate. Your instructions are also thorough. There is only one thing I would like to clarify. Does the dac cost 1100 euros/$1200 U.S.?

Thanks,
Anand.

Hi Anand,
Eric,

Welcome to DIYAudio. I find your kit well documented and your website is easy to navigate. Your instructions are also thorough. There is only one thing I would like to clarify. Does the dac cost 1100 euros/$1200 U.S.?

Thanks,
Anand.
Yes, the price of the DAC assembled and tested is 1100euros (1099euros exactly). This price include Paypal fee (38euros). You can save 38euros with payment by direct transfer bank. You can reduce cost if you buy more than one DAC. Don't hesitate to mail me for more information.

Don't forget to add cost for shipping transport.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.