WTS:Meridian M3100 Active Speakers $1000
Meridian M3100 Active Speakers with the manufacturer stands - designed by Atacama
The best speakers I have ever owned is a good starting point! Sound Quality and Clarity is absolutely .... Beautiful & Truly Astounding ... infact Awesome!
The build quality is second to none - for mid size book shelf / standmount speakers they are heavy and extremely well constructed. The manufacturer stands designed by Atacama are of the same quality - the speakers have specific screws and mounts to securely attach them to the stands. The stands can be sand filled making them even more solid and have a large concealed cavity in the back section to house the mains and speaker cable. They have mounting screws built into the rear of the cabinet if needed to be used without the stands and wall mounted
They each require to be plugged into the mains and also into the rear of a preamp output via phono speaker cable. Both these cables are supplied and the phono speaker cables are Meridian branded, designed by, and using quality Van Den Hul cabling - both phono speaker cables measure 5 metres each - the mains cables are each approx 2 metres in length.
They will run from any amp, integrated or preamp, that have preamp outputs.
They were bought from a training music engineer who bought them ex-dem from a HiFi shop - they are approx 1.5 years old.
As for the spec:
- Performance: Frequency response in-room within 3dB from 45Hz to over 20kHz. Linear-phase mid/top crossover. Output >105dB spl @ 1m on music material. Noise less than 15dB spl. Overall electronic distortion typically <0.02% at any frequency or level.
- Inputs: M3100: Line level unbalanced (phono) and balanced (XLR-3F) inputs, switch-selectable. Construction: Vertical unit: 2-way ported design with 160mm bass driver; Horizontal centre: 2½-way closed box design with twin 5¼ in (120mm) bass drivers, with doped carbon fibre cones and cast alloy baskets. 1in (25mm) Meridian piston treble drive unit with doped fabric dome.
- Electronics: Constructed using advanced surface-mount techniques and partitioned 4-layer printed-circuit boards. M3100 features precision line-level active crossover.
- Amplifiers: Two 75W power amplifiers, one for each band.
- Dimensions: Vertical units: 7.65in/194mm x 15.2in/386mm x 10in/254mm; Horizontal centre unit: 18.5in/470mm x 6.9in/173.5mm x 10in/254mm. Optional floor stand: 12.2in/310mm x 20.2in/513.7mm from floor to top of platform x 12.65in/321.5mm. (All dimensions w x h x d; original units are metric.)
- Weight: Vertical unit: 30lb/13.5kg; Horizontal centre unit: 36lb/16.5kg.