Have you ever seen this braiding? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th December 2009, 03:13 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Have you ever seen this braiding?

Hello everyone!

I'm am curious if anyone has seen braiding like this on cables before. We hand braid 10 silver-coated copper oxide-free multi-strand conductors. 24 AWG.

We currently we do an RCA interconnect, Single-wire speaker cable, and an AC power cord.

Like some feedback. Thanks

Frank
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Braiding 1.JPG (135.9 KB, 459 views)
File Type: jpg Mar - Blacksheep RCA Interconnect.jpg (124.2 KB, 431 views)
File Type: jpg Hecules 1.JPG (117.9 KB, 420 views)
File Type: jpg Venus - Blacksheep Speaker Cable.jpg (189.3 KB, 412 views)
File Type: jpg Mars Volta - Blacksheep RCA interconnect.jpg (120.4 KB, 404 views)
Old 17th December 2009, 04:04 PM   #2
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Yup, i hand do it here All hand made, and not ebay Hongkong end's

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 17th December 2009, 07:14 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Hey Jleaman!

So,

Close, but not quite.

What are you using there? Are you using solid core or multi-strand? Doesn't look like 10 conductors. 4? Do you know the name of the braiding method your using? Nice braiding!

Anyone else?

Frank
Old 18th December 2009, 12:26 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

This braiding method ends up with the braids that look like chains linked together. I'll try to get some better close ups.

It's based a very old traditional braiding style. There a thousands of different ways to braid 3 to 16 wires, ours is just one. I haven't seen anything else out there like it. Anybody else? The braiding virtually cancels out all EMI.

Frank
Old 18th December 2009, 01:59 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default Introduction

Hello everyone,

My name is Frank. I have been living in Bangkok for about 5 years but am back home in upstate NY for the holidays.

My sister-in-law, who is Thai, is an audiophile. She really knows her stuff. She started started doing cables about a year ago. She asked me to help her market her cables about six month ago. So we started Blacksheep cable.

I am not an audiophiler (?), I am a business man. Now, before you all condemn me for that last statement, let me give you some back ground on myself. I love my music. I played trumpet for 12 years and also play some piano and guitar. I lived in New Orleans for 7 years and was hired to open up a blues bar. If you ever go down to NOLA, check out the Dragon's Den at 435 Esplanade. Still going today. Red velt walls, huge antique mirrors, accoustic blues. It actually use to be a brothel. I owned a nightclub as well for a short time. Tell you honestly, really loud rap music was not my thing.

The last 6 months have been a learning experience. I know way too much about cables now. I am now 1 of 3 people who can braid our cables. Yes, they are all handmade.

I am a business man. We make a really quality product for a good price. We are not flashy. We use wire from a Thai company that offers mid-grade to high-end wire. We use the mid-grade. We use Neutrik RCA plugs. We offer with cable sleeving or without. Without is cheaper. We will clean up the finished product. Our packing is nothing fancy, but it is functional and looks decent. Will post pictures soon. When she started this, she wasn't thinking packaging.

We have been on the market in Thailand for about 6 month now. We offer a 7 day money back gaurentee. Take 'em home, burn 'em, test 'em for a few days. Doesn't suit you? Bring 'em back. Pretty simple. No one has returned them yet. Just had a Buddhist Monk buy our Mars interconnect, Venus speaker cables, and Hercules AC power cord. You'd be supprised how much the monks enjoy their music!

I am not a salesman. I do not like sales. I can speak English well, my sister-in-law cannot. I was coming home for the holidays, she was not. So, here I am trying to find some stores to place the cables in. What I have done so far is get 2 audiophile societies in NYC and 1 in NJ to test our cables and give us a review.

So, anyone know of any small audio hi-fi shop that would be open to a new brand, let me know.

Aside from that, looking for any other feedback or input.

Frank
Old 18th December 2009, 05:32 AM   #6
pjp is offline pjp  India
diyAudio Member

What is the purpose of braiding wire like this ?
Old 18th December 2009, 01:11 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

"A specific form of the Solid Core Cable is the so called "Litzendraht" a braid made from individually insulated (enameled) conductors.
True "Litzendraht" (Litz-wire) is braided similar to Kimber Cable and was originally invented by Nicola Tesla WAY BACK in time. Modern realisations are often called "Hyper-Litz" arrangements, why the "Hyper-Litz" I do not know.
Because these cables eschew the braiding and instead use simple parallel wires, they loose the Litzwire's advantage of canceling the wires magnetic field to a good degree.... " - from the article - The naked truth about speaker-cables

Our braiding is based upon this principle that the actual braiding of the wires cancels out the individual wires EMI. We tried many styles and braiding patterns before settling on this one.

Frank
Old 18th December 2009, 03:34 PM   #8
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksheepkable View Post
Hello everyone,

My name is Frank. I have been living in Bangkok for about 5 years but am back home in upstate NY for the holidays.

My sister-in-law, who is Thai, is an audiophile. She really knows her stuff. She started started doing cables about a year ago. She asked me to help her market her cables about six month ago. So we started Blacksheep cable.

I am not an audiophiler (?), I am a business man. Now, before you all condemn me for that last statement, let me give you some back ground on myself. I love my music. I played trumpet for 12 years and also play some piano and guitar. I lived in New Orleans for 7 years and was hired to open up a blues bar. If you ever go down to NOLA, check out the Dragon's Den at 435 Esplanade. Still going today. Red velt walls, huge antique mirrors, accoustic blues. It actually use to be a brothel. I owned a nightclub as well for a short time. Tell you honestly, really loud rap music was not my thing.

The last 6 months have been a learning experience. I know way too much about cables now. I am now 1 of 3 people who can braid our cables. Yes, they are all handmade.

I am a business man. We make a really quality product for a good price. We are not flashy. We use wire from a Thai company that offers mid-grade to high-end wire. We use the mid-grade. We use Neutrik RCA plugs. We offer with cable sleeving or without. Without is cheaper. We will clean up the finished product. Our packing is nothing fancy, but it is functional and looks decent. Will post pictures soon. When she started this, she wasn't thinking packaging.

We have been on the market in Thailand for about 6 month now. We offer a 7 day money back gaurentee. Take 'em home, burn 'em, test 'em for a few days. Doesn't suit you? Bring 'em back. Pretty simple. No one has returned them yet. Just had a Buddhist Monk buy our Mars interconnect, Venus speaker cables, and Hercules AC power cord. You'd be supprised how much the monks enjoy their music!

I am not a salesman. I do not like sales. I can speak English well, my sister-in-law cannot. I was coming home for the holidays, she was not. So, here I am trying to find some stores to place the cables in. What I have done so far is get 2 audiophile societies in NYC and 1 in NJ to test our cables and give us a review.

So, anyone know of any small audio hi-fi shop that would be open to a new brand, let me know.

Aside from that, looking for any other feedback or input.

Frank
Looks like machine work to me, sounds like a sales man too!

BTW, thats WAY to much wire for the rca's, i bet the impedance and capacitance is VERY HIGH! To much wire for sure.!
Old 18th December 2009, 03:47 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

I'll take it as a compliment to the craftmanship involved. I gaurentee you this is all handbraided. It's really not as difficult as it looks. Check out our website www.blacksheep.com and see our LCR test results. Surprisingly low or they would not be very marketable.

Should I have to tell you there are some grounds mixed in there? By mixing in the grounds between the conductors, it spaces out the actual conductors, thus also lowering the EMI effect.

I do appreciate the feedback!

Frank
Old 18th December 2009, 03:58 PM   #10
Badge is offline Badge  United States
diyAudio Member

Here is a link to a well established American company that uses braided wire for their products. Scan down this page to see pictures of products.

Welcome to JENA LABS home page

Hide this!Advertise here!