• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Modified EV X8/X36 Crossovers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Are you re-building, modifying or refurbishing an Electro Voice system using the EV X8/X36 crossovers? If yes, you may be interested in this post and what we have to offer.

It is not very widely known that the original EV X8/X36 crossovers have a "Chebyshev alignment" which is not considered a good choice by today's standards. They also lacked conjugate networks to compensate for driver impedance variations.

If you need a better version of the X8/X36 crossovers for your EV system, we offer services that can help you in more than one way. Just to give you a couple of examples, we can:

(i) Create an equivalent crossover that has no more components than the original, but has a better "alignment" such as a Bessel or Butterworth, with superior transient response and group delay.

(ii) Use impedance measurements for the drivers in your system to optimize the crossover performance for your specific system.

(iii) Deliver you a fully simulated schematic for you to DIY, or build a fully assembled and tested crossover board, ready to use.

If you have questions you may post them here. To know more about our crossover design services, please visit www.audesine.com.

Cheers,

-Ram

need xover design service

hi ram,
i am looking for xover design service. i am building visaton clou speakers (see link below)
Visaton - Lautsprecher und Zubehör, Loudspeakers and Accessories

woofers are same what i am using as in link(i.e.WS17e 8ohm), but instead of SC10N tweeters i am settling for locally available LR10DT(peerless india) fabric dome tweeters. i think accordingly the xover design changes. let me know what kind of help i can expect from u.

thanks
pranam

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.