Lateral Mosfet Amplifers 250W - 2000W RMS Power Amplifier modules - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th August 2008, 01:07 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Class-D Design
Thumbs up Lateral Mosfet Amplifers 250W - 2000W RMS Power Amplifier modules

Hello There!

We have available amplifier modules that are capable of extreme powers at low heat and very small in size. The keys to these amplifiers are the lateral mosfets that we have developed our selves and had manufactured in England.

We currently posses the only Double Die Mosfets that do not overheat or have oscillation problems. Data sheets can be found on our website for both the mosfets and amplifier modules.

The amplifiers are simply of stunning power and quality, especially for the size. We have over 20 different modules in 4 different ranges. We also sell the individual lateral mosfets for extremely competitive prices.

These products are ideal for active speakers, Hi-Fi gurus, speaker developers, power amplifiers etc.

For more details about the products mentioned in this post, and for our entire range of products, see our website:

http://www.classd.ltd.uk/

The specific amplifier modules and mosfets section can be found under the components sub category.

If you would like to talk to someone personally, then feel free to call the office on: (+44) 01623 654 080, alternatively contact Mike (Company Director) directly on: (+44) 07980 600 373.

Class-D Design Ltd.
Old 16th August 2008, 07:04 PM   #2
bwaslo is offline bwaslo  United States
diyAudio Member

Are these Class D type amplifiers (other than in the name of the manufacturer)? The pictures of the modules show no inductors and resemble Class AB amps. Is there information on how much heatsinking is needed of each?
Old 16th August 2008, 08:20 PM   #3
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

The text says "Liner Mosfet Power Amplifier Module"

Notice spelling error

Not class D in other words.

It's hard to tell if the firm Class-D Design sells any class D at all. I see that they active speakers with class D at least.
Old 17th August 2008, 11:25 PM   #4
pjpoes is offline pjpoes  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to pjpoes
They can correct me if I am wrong on this, but I believe these were designed in conjunction with Aussie Amplifiers. If so, I would consider that a good thing, as I have loved all of my Aussie Amplifiers.

I think one thing that would help sell some of us on your modules would be some better clarification of the differences. You have many identical looking modules with different ratings, but no other specs per say. Also, power supply requirements would be nice, as in, what rail voltage range should each of the modules need? Also, what sort of heatsinking is required? You say they run cool, does that mean a minimal amount of heatsinking is needed, maybe only a thick piece of aluminum, or a full finned heatsink, as with most linear amplifiers?
Old 19th August 2008, 09:29 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Although we do make class d amplifiers this is a very tricky field.

Loads of claims are made about class d amplifiers most are simply false. they are ideal for active bass units and some active high frequency amplifiers but for high power applications care frankly flawed.

As regards Aussieamplifiers he was contacted to design power amplifier modules in conjunction with ourselves.

We are the only people manufacturing double die plastic packaged lateral mosfets and have a range of double and single die lateral mosfets.

Click the image to open in full size.

Our business is aimed at pro audio but is also applicable for HI FI systems. Lateral mosfets are without a doubt the best way to build high power audio amplifiers.

The PSU we have a ZVS control chip ACD2008-1 full details will be published shortly.

Heatsinking - we have our own range of 1U (40mm) and 2U (80mm) tunnel heat sinks designs custom designed, which can either be convection of fan cooled.

Hope this helps!

Mike Soppelsa
mike@class-d.com

skype us: contact@classd.ltd.uk
Old 22nd August 2008, 02:48 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Arrow Miniature Lateral Mosfet Power Amplifiers

Hi there!

We have some simply stunning, miniature power amplifiers available for sale.

Just take a look at the size and specification of these devices.

You will be AMAZED by the products and their quality.

You will be EVEN MORE AMAZED by the prices of these devices.

Click Here for the Specification Sheet

Click Here for a List of Prices

Contact us (E-mail / Skype / MSN) contact@classd.ltd.uk
Phone: 07980 600 373
Old 23rd August 2008, 12:06 AM   #7
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

Class D:

I have merged your two threads. Do not start more threads on the same subject.

Chief Moderator
Old 23rd August 2008, 12:52 AM   #8
pjpoes is offline pjpoes  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to pjpoes
Do those amplifier modules fit inside of the heatsink you are showing. For instance, could the amplifier modules with mosfets on both sides be mounted within the heatsink, or would you need to have heatsinks on each side within the enclosure?

Also, what is the price of your heat sink extrusions?
Old 23rd August 2008, 07:27 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

"Loads of claims are made about class d amplifiers most are simply false. they are ideal for active bass units and some active high frequency amplifiers but for high power applications care frankly flawed."

"Utilising the latest SMD low noise, high linearity Class-D Alfet Lateral Mosfets and Zetex devices."

So are they class D or not?
Old 23rd August 2008, 07:43 PM   #10
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.

The last amp module shown is definately Holtons new NXV200
Wonder if all Anthonys new amps will be available in UK/EU
On Anthonys old site a partnering company was mentioned, which I think was "Class-D"...nothing mentioned about it now though
The other bigger modules that are shown looks much like Anthonys previous designs from last year
nice prices
Wonder if component quality is different from Anthony Holtons

Hide this!Advertise here!