Lateral Mosfet Amplifers 250W - 2000W RMS Power Amplifier modules - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th August 2008, 11:57 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Class-D Design
Quote:
It would be far better if you could just have a PDF download link on the page where you can buy the mosfet
I will get PDF's to you, and post a link on tuesday.

Thank you for your patience,

Sam.
Class-D Design Ltd.
Old 24th August 2008, 03:53 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by richie00boy
Would you care to highlight what you feel are the issues with class-d in high quality sound reproduction?

Very difficult and complex area it is not so much the sound quality which to be fair can be ok I have class d amplifiers that sound very good but when you compare them to a good linear they are lacking. It is the top end that the problem lies most are described as brittle. for bass cabinets they are superb sound ok and very effcient.

We have run our small modules along side well known class d amplifiers frankly its a no brainer

At low power it is ok high power big question mark.

The other problem is not audio but control of RFI and EMI related noise people pretend it is,nt there but it is. This leads to false switching, distortion and heat and eventually a loud smelly bang.
This problem is made worse by the fact that to produce high quality high end sound you need very fast sampling rates this just increases the suseptability to noise borne false switching

some amps have a fixed frequency so you can lock the frequencies to eliminate heterodynes others frequency shift here the problem of using multiple amps at high power becomes impossible.This problem is exacerbated if you try and add a switching PSU

I am not trying to knock switching amps have worked with them for 15 years just know their limitations.

This why they have now found their niche in mobile phones etc they are ideal for this very efficient power saving,low power not a big audio bandwidth.

It was orinally thought that they were the audio industry solution to cheap high power amps I think now most people think that claim may be a little premature
Old 24th August 2008, 08:06 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

So what is the efficiency of your amps?

Sorry to be a pain, but whether intentional or not, your statements strike me as hyperbolic and misleading to the unsuspecting consumer.
Old 24th August 2008, 08:17 PM   #24
Did it Himself
diyAudio Member

Prices of the amps is excellent value, I wouldn't have much left over making one myself. Some of them I couldn't even make for that cheap.
Old 24th August 2008, 08:51 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Anthony E. Holton makes some critical remarks at this page (bottom).
AussieAmplifiers NX150 Spyder

I feel a bit sceptical as well to a few claims made by the Class D Design Ltd. More efficient Class AB amps than what for instance?
Old 25th August 2008, 02:36 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by richie00boy
Prices of the amps is excellent value, I wouldn't have much left over making one myself. Some of them I couldn't even make for that cheap.

Pleased you think so we can reduce prices further for volume.

Our intention is quite simply to be the most competetive supplier in the market place it has taken 5 years and a lot of investment.

We have a lot of improvements to make yet both to product and marketing but it will all be attended to
Old 25th August 2008, 02:36 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by noah katz
So what is the efficiency of your amps?

Sorry to be a pain, but whether intentional or not, your statements strike me as hyperbolic and misleading to the unsuspecting consumer.

The whole field of efficiency in audio amps is misleading every body has their own views.

I have my own particular views where a lot of the heat comes from and it is not efficiency related

Lets put it simply and I would not believe this unless i saw it

One of our prototype amplifiers runs 2 18 inch bins 15 inch tops and high ends at 1200 watts the amp is is in a 1u unit and the only heatsinking is an aluminium plate and a 40 mm fan which is not on all the time.

You should remember we are pro audio more than HI FI
Old 25th August 2008, 05:43 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to SpeakerScott Send a message via MSN to SpeakerScott Send a message via Yahoo to SpeakerScott
Quote:
Originally posted by soppelsa

The whole field of efficiency in audio amps is misleading every body has their own views.

I have my own particular views where a lot of the heat comes from and it is not efficiency related

In my experience, statements like this lead to a lot more discussion than they deserve, with hesitation I weigh in. As a degreed electrical engineer with 10+ years experience professionally designing switch mode power supplies, battery chargers, linear amplifiers, speaker systems, RF modulator and demodulator systems I can, with certainty, tell you that there is no question as to calculating efficiency in power amplifiers.

Whether one understands the impact of imaginary impedance and duty cycle on those calculations is up for debate, as your bass-bin experience shows.

I was interested in your lateral FETS, but honestly the marketing claims made on your web-site give me second thoughts. If I were you I would take a look at the spec sheets given out by Renesas for their lateral FETS and make sure you give all of that information.

Scott
Old 25th August 2008, 06:17 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Wait a minute....

Are you this guy?
THIS GUY

If so...
Old 25th August 2008, 07:23 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

Has anybody received more extensive data about these class D MOSFETs. I might be interested if I can get my EC amp working properly.

Hide this!Advertise here!