Lateral Mosfet Amplifers 250W - 2000W RMS Power Amplifier modules - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd August 2008, 08:07 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Class-D Design
Thanks for the replys everyone!

Let me just clear a few things up, some people appear to be getting a little bit confused!

Our company is called 'Class-D' because originally we were going to develop Class-D Amplifers. However we soon discovered that there were too many problems associated with these amplifiers and so have moved on to 'Lateral Mosfet' amplifiers.

We call the Mosfets, 'Class-D Alfet Lateral Mosfets' but this does not mean that they are Class-D amplifiers! They are actually ultra high efficency Class AB Amplifiers.

For prices on heatsinking, please contact me directly on 07980 600 373 to discuss your requirements. We have over 2 tonnes available so supplys are plentiful!

The amplifiers are simular to Holtons, just more efficent, dont overheat, more powerful (because we are the only people with double die, plastic packaged lateral mosfets), and finally a lot cheaper. We don't like to rip people off...

Any other questions we will be happy to answer!

Mike Soppelsa

07980 600 373
mike@class-d.com
Old 23rd August 2008, 08:48 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

I didn't manage to find the datasheets for the FETs. Where are they?
Old 23rd August 2008, 09:34 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Hi Megajocke,

If you go to http://www.classd.ltd.uk/home.php?cat=266, Click on the one you want to see the datasheet for, then under the picture there is a see detailed images link. Click on that and the 2nd image is an image of the datasheets.

Hope this helps!
Old 23rd August 2008, 09:43 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

these miniature modules can fit in the heatsinks however we do have modules specifically designed to fit in the heatsinks.

We need to know what powers you are interested in

The heatsinks are designed to contain the whole amplifier.

I am out of the office at the moment back on tuesday we can send you full details if you require.

My email address is mike@class-d.com

If you send me your address will mail directly tro you
Old 23rd August 2008, 09:45 PM   #15
Did it Himself
diyAudio Member

I don't get that. I get a link under the mosfet saying click to enlarge, then a window opens and there is no text except close window. However at the top left there is a 1 and 2 icon and if I click 2 I get the datasheet image.

Unfortunately though this is almost impossible to make out the dimensional information, but it appears there is a conflict on the pinout here and in the middle of the page.

Also what about specs like gate-drain capacitance and transconductance?

It would be far better if you could just have a PDF download link on the page where you can buy the mosfet
Old 23rd August 2008, 11:11 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Yeah it looks like the wrong pinout besides the mechanical drawings. The middle pin and tab is source, isn't it? Also, it looks like the thermal resistance numbers are way off.

How do these differ from the Semelab laterals in their data?

Do you have a more thourough data sheet? I suspect you will have trouble selling these without information like capacitances, transconductance, Vgs-off. Graphs of Id-Vgs at multiple temperatures, Id-Vds at different Vgs, DC and pulse SOA/transient thermal impedance and so on...

Do they have built-in gate zeners? Gate threshold voltage? How high is the zero-temperature-coefficient current?
Old 24th August 2008, 02:39 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

"Let me just clear a few things up, some people appear to be getting a little bit confused!"

Well, what do you expect when you call your amps "Class-D Alfet Lateral Mosfets"?

"They are actually ultra high efficency Class AB Amplifiers."

How efficient is that?
Old 24th August 2008, 09:40 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Unfortuneately our company is called class d ltd and we do make Class D amplifiers

However we also realise the limitations of Class D amplifiers so for our professional audio business are completiing a range of high power linear amplifiers using improved lateral mosfets
Old 24th August 2008, 09:40 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

the middle pin and tab are source on lateral mosfets
Old 24th August 2008, 10:18 AM   #20
Did it Himself
diyAudio Member

Would you care to highlight what you feel are the issues with class-d in high quality sound reproduction?

Hide this!Advertise here!