New 8" full range speaker from L CAO - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th August 2008, 04:28 PM   #21
SunRa is offline SunRa  Romania
diyAudio Member

Hello,

This new project is welcomed. It's good to see new designers entering the market.

Quote:
Thanks for the detailed measurements, but with relatively high Q peaks in the consonant and especially in the sibilance BWs, at USA pricing these would have to be addressed before I would want to spend any quality time with them.
I tend to agree with GM on this, however we will have to wait for the first reviews to see how the frequency response translates in subjective terms. I have a feeling that it might sound similar to B200.

By the way, very nice pictures. May I ask what's the surround made of? It's transparent, am I right? Is that mylar or something?

HighVividity, good luck with your project!
Old 12th August 2008, 04:31 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Thank you. I will let him know your comments. I am reading N.W.Mclachlan's book "loudspeaker" and to my amateur eyes, he may be able to add more damping to his cone.
Old 12th August 2008, 04:38 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SunRa
Hello,

This new project is welcomed. It's good to see new designers entering the market.

I tend to agree with GM on this, however we will have to wait for the first reviews to see how the frequency response translates in subjective terms. I have a feeling that it might sound similar to B200.

By the way, very nice pictures. May I ask what's the surround made of? It's transparent, am I right? Is that mylar or something?

HighVividity, good luck with your project!
Thank you! But his is not my project, it is L CAO's, who is in China. I am in Ohio and merely want best full range drivers on market to be less expensive.

L CAO once said the surround was paper itself. It is semi-transparent because of its thickness. I will ask him to see whether he changed the surround, because on the photo it does not look like paper.
Old 13th August 2008, 01:32 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I will ask him to see whether he changed the surround, because on the photo it does not look like paper. [/B]
Well he confirmed that it was paper, thin and coated with gluey material for damping purpose.
Old 13th August 2008, 10:12 AM   #25
_henry_ is offline _henry_  Australia
diyAudio Member

wow, this one looks very beautiful.

where are they based in china? i mean which city?

my wife in guangzhou now, maybe i can get them delivered there.

looks like a combination of B&W kevlar woofer and some kind of bass driver i forgot the brand

very nice
Old 13th August 2008, 01:19 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

L CAO lives in Zhongshan, which is very close to Guangzhou. I have messaged him. Once he replies with his email, I will give it to you.
Old 13th August 2008, 07:06 PM   #27
SunRa is offline SunRa  Romania
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Well he confirmed that it was paper, thin and coated with gluey material for damping purpose.

Thank you for your answer!
Old 14th August 2008, 06:54 AM   #28
_henry_ is offline _henry_  Australia
diyAudio Member

thanks, yes zhongsan not very far

ihavent been there, but couple of my container going out from there.
Old 15th August 2008, 06:29 AM   #29
r8833 is offline r8833  Canada
diyAudio Member

hi,

would these work on open baffles? I have tried visaton b200 and didn't like the sound. Bass is augmented with 15 inch woofers
Old 15th August 2008, 03:30 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by r8833
hi,

would these work on open baffles? I have tried visaton b200 and didn't like the sound. Bass is augmented with 15 inch woofers
L CAO said yes. But there is no independent review on this setting as far as I know.

Hide this!Advertise here!