• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

50 RMB( 5,- EUR ) Tripath TA2024 PCBA's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mack.
Yes, "pop" can be caused by too high a DC offset or just the "Tank cap" charging up. Do you have a heavy pop or just a "tick"" ??
I have used an additional 4700 uF low ESR Electrolytic Cap on the power rail of all my amps ( or 2200uF on each side with the Sure board ) & mine just "tick" on power on/off.
What is the DC offset on your boards ?? Anything under or round 50 mV is acceptable.

I have just set up 1 of Arjens TA-2020 boards on a test rig. The Bass heads are going to love this one.. Will give it 100 hours running then dig into it.

Paul

DC offset - SE and Trends

I found both amps made only a tick when powering up connected to Cyberg Bricks (TanBang W3-871s) and both popped when powering up my Fostex 168 BIBs. I guess speaker efficiency accounts for the difference.

Sureelectronics w/usual moddes .03 and .05

Trends modded .00 and .01

(My multi meter only goes to .00)

I haven't checked Arjen's amps yet. They're with a friend with a skinny soldering iron who is going to add the caps. I will check when I get them back.

Thanks again!
Mack

After boxing 3 SE amps and building TABAQs, Needles, Bricks and BIBs I thought I was over this speaker /amp affliction.... I guess not.

Same here - but I got his TA2020 boards. I changed some caps myself and the amp sounds absolutely great :smash: . Have just placed another order to tri-amp my modded Khorns - should be fun :D .

Greetings from wintery :bawling: Germany,
Wolfram

P.S. Shipping was a smooth affair but our customs people were very slow in pacing the boards on to me :dead: .

Another very satisfied customer from Argentina.
Arjen is an excellent seller. The boards are very tidily built, the shipping time was very reasonable -around two weeks including dumb local custom's delay- The email replies couldn´t be faster.

I did not tweak anything .... yet. Very nice sound (TA2020 &TA2024), though.
Go Arjen!!.

Dubai2000 wrote:
"Same here - but I got his TA2020 boards. I changed some caps myself and the amp sounds absolutely great "

Wolfram, I have 2 of Arjens TA-2020 boards & have been playing round with Mod's. I wonder what you have done?
I have bypassed the existing input caps & fitted 2.2 uF metalised polypropylene's, Changed the output inductors to 10uH 10% on ferrite cores, replaced C02, CO3, CO6 & CO7 with known low ESR Caps.
This has resulted in much better detail & an overall very nice sound, very close to that of my "Charlize" from DIYparadise. I have not yet looked at any "circuit "mod's & want to do some more work on the inductors trying home wound Air cores & torroidal wound inductors as I believe there is still a bit more performance to get out of this board.
The low ESR cap's I have used are not that great but I hope to have some panasonic FC caps to try soon.

Would be interested in how far you have got with your Mod's.

Paul

TA2024

Hi there, thanks for your posts,

Ive got them still, and for 50 RMB, as the Euro value keeps changing!

if you buy them directly thrue me its cheaper then Ebay, ebay also charges quite allot for there services.

ive also got some new models, as soon as everything is done, ill show it!

Greetings
Arjen Helder

TA2050

Hi Arjen,
I'm enjoying your 2024 board, Thanks!
How much more power does the 2020 board provide? All the specs only seem to list "audiophile" into 4ohms, and "high power" into 8ohm, but not "audiophile" into 8ohms. Looking at the graph it looks like around 9watts? Compared to about 6w for the equivalent THD for the 2024? I'm driving a couple of TB871 so could do with a little more than the 2024.

Also, do you plan to do a TA2050 board? It seems these are quite hard to find anywhere ready-made. 41Hz.com do a kit, but apparently it is quite difficult to build.

TA2022

Hi There TTAN.

Im expecting the first sample boards on monday or tuesday, then after testing ill let you know!

i have just bought a 2 channel distortion meter so that i can acuratly give data instead of copying the datasheet, witch according to my measurements can be misleading.

ill keep you posted! i hope the samples are up to my expectations, but im expecting some trouble with output coils.

Greetings!

Arjen Helder

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.