• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aiwa NSX-V20 Part Needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Compact Disk Stereo System, AIWA NSX-V20, that is working perfectly in all respects, except for the following:

A thin flat cable connecting the CD-tray to a circuit board has broken. It is a thin, flexible strip with five embedded wires and connectors on each end ... approx 3/8" wide by approx 7" long.

Printed on the cable is what appears to be a partno (?):

Sumitomo-M AWM 2896 80C VW-1

I called AIWA customer service, Tritronics, and Andrews, but all three said the part is no longer available! When I google search the partno, however, I find many references to it, but from dealers who want to sell 50-100 or so and min order of $100.

If I could get the part, I know I could install it in this set which is about 5 years old and originally cost approx $300. I live in Medford, OR, not a huge town, and so far, can't come up with any help.

Can anyone out there advise me the best way to handle this?

It's a great set ... just this one problem.

Many thanks! ... theodore

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.