• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NX150 Amplifier Modules Version One On Sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
... these are great amp modules ... the Number One's are just fine, no worries, mate.

I have several and use 'em for all manner of rebuild / refit amp projects. Currently I have three keepers = left, right and sub woofer driving dual Maggie MMG planar speakers and a big ol' Pyle Driver sub ... listening to Santana's "SuperNatural" DVD-A as I write = :D

I have built a couple of the AV400 kits and promptly messed one of them up :bawling: ... so since I have limited my orders to the modules. The aussieamplifiers.com modules are always as advertised = great, easy to deal with, unitized subassemblies, ready for installation. I have ripped whole circuit board sets out of older commercial amplifiers and substituted these modules ... with quite good results. The specs are great = low distortion, plenty of guts, a sweet sound and they run nice and cool = ideal for an amp that runs 24/7/365 without a hitch. ( http://3dotaudio.com/ampics.html )

I shouldn't speak for Anthony = he can carry his own water. I did manage to get one of the NX150 to heat up its sink to a point of burny fingers, but I was driving it real hard (+/0/- 67 VDC rails). It didn't start getting real warm until I began injecting a distorted square wave around 2.5K Htz and 75+ % duty cycle ( _----- _-----_-----_ ... plus some zero crossing distortion ... etc. ) It took the load quite well as the heat sink was also not as large as recommended. This is the interesting thing about power MOSFET technology, they don't get hot as they are not passing any significant current (power) until asked to do so = driven hard ...

As a sub woofer amp I do highly recommend it. I have had a single NX150 driving a sub woofer box for several months with no thermal questions at all and it really does sound sweet with plenty of guts for nice tight bass. ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.