• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NP D1 DAC clone with enhancement

Attahed is the schematic with Jfet IV and low noise regulator enhancement. PCB layout completed and project in progress.

Note that Parts is still available from Ruach and I brought two sets SM5842 and PCM63PK from him.

Shall update project progress and any comment is welcome.

Spencer

Attachments

• bal pcm 63 dac 21s.pdf
    74.6 KB · Views: 5,777
Your project sounds interesting. I am planning something similar to mod my Rotel rcd991 but re-using the existing PMD100 instead of your SM5842 filter. My idea is to replace the dac and iv stage but not the filter. I am getting the data after the PMD100 in the rotel and send it to a new pcb (inside the rotel) with 2 PCM63K per channel (working in differential) and balanced jfet IV stages.

BTW After seeing your component layout, it seems you are using an external clock (tentlabs?). Is it right?

Please keep us updated.

Xavier

Boards received and will start soldering. See attached.

Attachments

• dsc_3043ss.jpg
    dsc_3043ss.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 12,798