• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DIY Enclosures LLC - a new chassis manufacturing company in the USA.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Received my 1712 chassis with the optional 2 mm top plate yesterday.
I have not had the time to assemble it yet, but from what I can see this chassis is really high quality!

I also ordered som polished knobs. Wow!! These are exceptionally well made, with an absolutely flawless surface! "I did not expect that", as Simon Cowell in American Idol would have said.

The chassis was very well packaged, and the polished knobs came in their own separate draw string pouches. (I suppose that the last word is not the correct one, but I think you all know what I mean.)

Shipment to Norway took only a few days. Highly recommended.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Hmmmm. How does your CAD engraving work?

It has to frustrating having a business. You run out of a case and people go elsewhere for everything. You order a bunch of something else and no one wants it! Still, can't be good to leave people "unfulfilled" There is no doubt that there will always be a market around here for cases with LARGE heatsinks. :eek:

Sorry to not get back to everyone sooner, but I am super busy. It's possible that we could do a group order for the heatsink versions, but the price would be higher. The reason my prices are able to keep low is because of my bulk orders. To get a really good discount, you need to do a run of at least 100 chassis. Still... we can do allright with maybe 30 chassis, but less than 10 and it's just really expensive. Let's see how many people are interested in a preorder and I will see what we can do.

The reason I've not re-ordered the heatsink version is because I only have a slow trickle of orders for the other versions. I must have a steady sale of both for the business to work. So basically the sale of the normal chassis have not kept up with the heatsink versions.

FYI on the DIY-1712 model I am running out of two parts:
one left: blank black front panel version
two left: black ventilated top panel version
I still have a good stock of the other faces and the blank black tops. I have plenty of silver chassis all around.

1712HS chassis

Okay...now we're getting somewhere. What's the price of the 1712HS if only 10 are ordered? How about 30? How about 100? I remember it being ~$150 a piece. What costs are we talking now?

Mike, your chassis are great! My preference has been for a the black heatsink chassis with a silver or black front panel. Come on folks, let's preorder!

I'll be happy with (2) DIY 1712HS black ventilated chassis with either silver or black front panel. So we've got two so far.

Variac, my CAD engraving is all done on Front Panel Express.

Best,
Anand.

Hi eboz!

Is this the same heatsink as used before in the 1712HS? Because I hoped you would consider something more capable...

Cheers, Hannes

PS: I need to check first, but in case all fits, I would be interested in a 1x 1013HS and 1x 610 - but let me check first!

Err sorry I meant, is this the same heatsink as used before in the 1013HS? Because I hoped you would consider something more capable...

The 1013HS is a keen candidate for ClassA-beasts, but that would mean 200W power dissipation capability...

Cheers, Hannes

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Is there a possibility of ordering the 1712-HS cases without the heat sinks? Then we could determine what our heat sink requirements are, especially with all the new F4 interest, and then pick our own heatsinks. We needed to drill the heatsinks to mount them on your original cases, so would not be too much more work, but would give us a bit more freedom.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I don't think the 1712 HS is near big enough for a 2 channel F4.

It would require a 1013HS I THINK

Or a new model: A 1712 Ultra HS ;) 17"x 12"x 6.1" tall

What are the options eboz? I can see how things get complicated fast, but around here there are lots of Class A projects that require a lot of heatsinking....

Joined 2005
Paid Member
You are right. I was confusing models. But it is not clear that the Heat Sinks that I got with the 1013HS will make it for the F4, or an Aleph 30 that I was originally planning, so have been looking at retrofitting some other larger heat sinks that I have.

Maybe we need to work out a set for the various Class A projects and recommend them. The rest of the chassis is so perfect and well made, that we should match the heat sinks we need.

Craig

hayenc said:
You are right. I was confusing models. But it is not clear that the Heat Sinks that I got with the 1013HS will make it for the F4, or an Aleph 30 that I was originally planning, so have been looking at retrofitting some other larger heat sinks that I have.

Maybe we need to work out a set for the various Class A projects and recommend them. The rest of the chassis is so perfect and well made, that we should match the heat sinks we need.

Craig

Craig,

I do have a couple of chassis with the cut-out for heatsink side panels. If you'd like one, just let me know and make an order for a normal chassis. I will sell it to you for the normal version price of course. Just make sure to order it with the black body because I only have black side panels for heatsinks.

Anand: (2) DIY 1712HS black ventilated chassis with either silver or black front panel.
Hannes: (possibly) I would be interested in a 1x 1013HS and 1x 610
TurboFC3S: 3 1712-HS cases

That makes maybe 6 so far. :bigeyes:
If I were making a lot more sales and a higher demand for the HS version, I would develop a custom heatsink. :devilr:
AND it would be of better quality than the heatsinks I used before, pre-tapped and untouched by human hands.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Order Sent

Sent you an order for those two chassis, Invoice 86. Will work with others to try to get you some specs for a custom heat sink that would work and try to drum up some more business on this chassis. They really are so well built that I hope to help you continue.

There are so many comments out there about the chassis taking half the time of a project and also many incomplete projects due to no chassis. You really are contributing here with some high quality.

Craig

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.