• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DIY Enclosures LLC - a new chassis manufacturing company in the USA.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been posting at diyaudio a lot more lately and have not changed my sig. So in that case, I think it'd be a good idea to revive the business rather than change my sig :D

I would like some feedback about the amps, anything that you can provide. I know for sure that I will NOT be offering gold anodized anything. These were the poorest selling color. I think that the DIY908 was a bit too small also.

So how about I increase the size of the 908 and keep mostly the same ratio (low and boxy). I would also like to provide an HD version that uses thicker aluminum panels. Keep in mind that I provided you these chassis at the absolutely lowest cost possible and the highest aesthetic appeal.

The major change is that I will not distribute these myself anymore. I will sell them through another shop like partsconnexion.com.

I'll send them some samples as soon as I have sufficient feedback. :cool:

I have been posting at diyaudio a lot more lately and have not changed my sig. So in that case, I think it'd be a good idea to revive the business rather than change my sig :D

I would like some feedback about the amps, anything that you can provide. I know for sure that I will NOT be offering gold anodized anything. These were the poorest selling color. I think that the DIY908 was a bit too small also.

So how about I increase the size of the 908 and keep mostly the same ratio (low and boxy). I would also like to provide an HD version that uses thicker aluminum panels. Keep in mind that I provided you these chassis at the absolutely lowest cost possible and the highest aesthetic appeal.

The major change is that I will not distribute these myself anymore. I will sell them through another shop like partsconnexion.com.

I'll send them some samples as soon as I have sufficient feedback. :cool:

eboz,

I thought your chassis were fantastic. I still use them. They carry my 30 lb gainclones with ease. The gold color I didn't much care for. The silver and black anodize were fantastic. If the chassis thickness can be upgraded for not too much more cost that would be great, otherwise I was quite thrilled with what you had provided. Heatsinks that are predrilled to be mounted to the chassis would be awesome as well. The 0908 size worked fine for me, I used it in a number of projects but wouldn't mind something slightly larger, let's say 1010.

I just thought your business was cool and that you definitely had a market. I was a little surprised when everything went belly up as I was starting to rely on you for my chassis. Your knobs were fantastic, super quality.

Best of luck, you'll always have a buyer out of me.

Anand.

still get the "null set" when I dial up your website, quid est hoc?

same here. It would be helpful to see again what they look like. - Glad to hear your getting back to this.

a couple years ago you had just sold out of the case I needed at the time. I was a bit bummed out, though the final amp worked out well after all. Your cases looked very nice if I recall...

I'm not sure I need anything soon, but I always seem to be able to use smallish medium cases in the 8x10x2 inch range (+/- 1 or 2" in any direction) Maybe I could move my DAC into a nicer case one of these days ;)

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I bought a number of your cases, and mostly used the smaller ones for my Twisted Pear stuff. The larger ones for the heat sinks that Barred Boss supplied were just a bit on the small side for the Pass DIY class A amps (F5, F4, Aleph J) that I had planned to build, from the stand point of the heat sinks. And the holes to get to the heat sink on the sides were just the wrong size for the boards available. So I had to work on different heat sinks and cutting up the openings on the side. Given the amount of interest in the Pass amps, especially the F5, a design of your chassis with heat sinks sized to match the needs of the F5 would be ideal.

I bought a number of your cases, and mostly used the smaller ones for my Twisted Pear stuff. The larger ones for the heat sinks that Barred Boss supplied were just a bit on the small side for the Pass DIY class A amps (F5, F4, Aleph J) that I had planned to build, from the stand point of the heat sinks. And the holes to get to the heat sink on the sides were just the wrong size for the boards available. So I had to work on different heat sinks and cutting up the openings on the side. Given the amount of interest in the Pass amps, especially the F5, a design of your chassis with heat sinks sized to match the needs of the F5 would be ideal.

+100.

My suggestion: Look at what is hot and selling on the diyaudio forums, then make a small selection of your chassis that are drilled to support these particular designs if possible.

Anand.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Yes, the chassis have to be AT LEAST as big in heatsink capacity as the First Watt designs require. But its easy! Nelson uses the same case for so many of his projects and that can help you too. One case fits all. But a "a little too small" kills it, as DIYers if anything like to crank up the bias a bit, and/or what's the point of spending good money on something that is barely adequate...

The F-5 boards that cviller sells and the BA-1 and BA-2 boards all have the same MOSFET spacing.. so "drilled to support these particular designs" would be smart.. Maybe we get a standard going..

Last edited:
Yes, the chassis have to be AT LEAST as big in heatsink capacity as the First Watt designs require. But its easy! Nelson uses the same case for so many of his projects and that can help you too. One case fits all. But a "a little too small" kills it, as DIYers if anything like to crank up the bias a bit, and/or what's the point of spending good money on something that is barely adequate...

The F-5 boards that cviller sells and the BA-1 and BA-2 boards all have the same MOSFET spacing.. so "drilled to support these particular designs" would be smart.. Maybe we get a standard going..

Okay this certainly sounds like a possibility, but unfortunately it's still not high enough volume and demand. What I will do though, is re-introduce the following chassis without heatsinks: 0908 <- will move this to a slightly larger size such as 1010, 1712 should stay the same, 1013 and 0610 would also stay the same I think.

Now that I am NOT going to distribute these chassis myself, I can certainly provide this service: watch you guys at diyaudio and work with you to come up with a universal (or close to it) for the Pass amps. Then once we have a large enough hands raised for them, I can process the order. We need to be looking at 50+ chassis in a batch to make this reasonable.

I'll bring my site back up in awhile, but with a notice or something and no links to the chassis builder and checkout. In the meantime to refresh your memory, please see:

DIY Enclosures LLC - Chassis

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The mosfet spacing is 40 mm on the BA-1 & BA-2 output boards.
There are 6 MOSFETS inline. so 6 holes centered front to back at 40mm. Not sure how that works with the "windows" in the chassis.

Does Heatsinks USA have a standard product size to work with the chassis so it is a no-brainer to order?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.