• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Mach 5 Audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Where no sound has gone before... :D

Like many of you, I love playing with toys. A few may remember my bellyaching about getting raked over the coals with duties and brokerage fees when bringing stuff into Canada.

Well, I decided to put my money where my mouth is and started Mach 5 Audio - a place that saves the coals for the bbq!

Currently, there are 6.5", 10", 12" and 18" drivers of decent quality nearly ready to ship, so I thought now would be a good time to post here.

Included with this shipment are a variety of samples including a 21" driver that, with a little tweeking, might be sufficient for some projects... and at a decent price! I will be creating a TestBed section in the near future and posting info on samples that come in.

Anyway, thanks for looking. ;)

Mark

Odds-and-sods parts are trickling in.

Here is a brass speaker spike with plastic threaded housing. Decent quality, decent price - $0.88 each (CA).

Thanks again for looking.

Mark

Attachments

• bspike1.jpg
    bspike1.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 1,980
Hi Karma,

Yes, no problem. Just create an account and go through the standard purchase process. When you get near the end you can select 'money order' as payment method.

I'm fighting with the shipping module right now to get accurate numbers inputted so please ignore what the shipping costs say. I'll let you know exactly how much shipping will be.

Thanks for the interest.

Mark

hooha said:
Hi Karma,

Yes, no problem. Just create an account and go through the standard purchase process. When you get near the end you can select 'money order' as payment method.

I'm fighting with the shipping module right now to get accurate numbers inputted so please ignore what the shipping costs say. I'll let you know exactly how much shipping will be.

Thanks for the interest.

Mark

I can help you with this problem. I have the same software installed. Well except that i have the full version with more features.. :)

jase

Hi All,

The drivers are in (finally). I am very pleased with the build quality of these units - A1! Not only that but in my request to get single voice coil units, something happened in the "translation" and I ended up with dual voice coil drivers. Call it a no-cost fringe benefit...

Here are the T/S parameters for two of the models thus far (measurements taken after trial burn-in). Punch in the numbers and see if they work for you!

MAW-10

Fs = 25.94 Hz
Re = 4.40 ohms[dc]
Qt = 0.36
Qes = 0.41
Qms = 2.97
Mms = 98.51 grams
Rms = 5.398339 kg/s
Cms = 0.000382 m/N
Vas = 37.96 liters
Sd= 265.90 cm^2
Bl = 13.133653 Tm
ETA = 0.16 %
Lp(2.83V/1m) = 86.62 dB
Xmax = 10 mm

MAW-12

Fs = 22.90 Hz
Re = 4.30 ohms[dc]
Qt = 0.38
Qes = 0.43
Qms = 3.34
Mms = 137.13 grams
Rms = 5.904246 kg/s
Cms = 0.000352 m/N
Vas = 83.34 liters
Sd= 410.43 cm^2
Bl = 13.971972 Tm
ETA = 0.22 %
Lp(2.83V/1m) = 88.25 dB
Xmax = 10 mm

Mark

MLI-65 Parameters

Well, no need to wait... ;)

Here are the parameters for the MLI-65:

Fs = 59.48 Hz
Re = 4.50 ohms[dc]
Qt = 1.13
Qes = 1.40
Qms = 5.84
Mms = 18.52 grams
Rms = 1.184513 kg/s
Cms = 0.000387 m/N
Vas = 7.42 liters
Sd= 116.90 cm^2
Bl = 4.721262 Tm
ETA = 0.11 %
Lp(2.83V/1m) = 84.91 dB
Xmax = 5.5 mm

Oh, and I fudged on the 12" sub - the Xmax is 13mm, not 10mm as stated above.

The tweeter got moved into the other section on the Testbed. And my eyes decieved me - it wasn't a planar like I thought but a dome with a fancy covering. Still, it has a nice freq response and the shape of the plate allows you to mount two 6" drivers tight against it in an MTM alignment.

More as I get it...

Mark

I'm curious to know a couple more specs and opinions on the MJ-18.

First, what is the mechanical limit (Xmech) of the driver, and secondly, after passing xmax, how quickly does the driver loose control and become nothing but distortion? Can it be run with any semblance of sound quality if a little more output is needed?

Also, I've found a few very short reviews of the driver, but the best one was done in a car environment built for maximum SPL. How would you say the drivers do in a home environment as far as SQL?

A couple of my buddies and I are interested in the great price of the drivers, but I'd like to know a little more about them.

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.