• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Mach 5 Audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SSA Now Carrying Mach 5

Aaron, the good guy that he is, is now carrying the two larger units - MJ-18 (4 and 8 Ohm) and MAW-15. He is located in Maryland and pricing on his site includes shipping.

Friends south of 49 can now take advantage of this and not have to worry about duties, handling, etc. Here's the link to Sound Solutions Audio:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com

J, I will post a shot of the back of the BASH amp here for you to view.

Mark

New High Excursion 18

It was a long time in the making but the next-gen 18 has been finalized. This unit will be perfect for IB and EBS designs. Smaller sizes of this unit will be made available in the future using the same bottomless motor.

Here are the parameters and a low-res shot of the IXL-18.4:

Fs = 15.4Hz
Re = 3.2Ohm
Qms = 4.87
Qes = 0.39
Qts = 0.36
Vas = 556L
Sd = 1029.2cm
BL = 15.1
Mms = 228g
Cms = 0.37mm
SPL = 89.2

image.jpg

Re: Xmax

hooha said:
Folks have been asking me what the Xmax is for this unit - 22mm one way.

Best,
Mark

YOu have some really nice products. I im looking at a 10" driver and one of your 300watt plate amps.

Any luck with some pictures of the plate amp ?

Email me ?

jase @ jasesspace . com

hooha said:
More will be in this week. Not sure what you mean by "second sourcing" tho...

Mark

Hi thanks for your reply, well your 6.5 certainly looks like a nice driver, Fs is high and that is what you want for car applications but a bit too high for a small sealed system, IMO.

Second sourcing? It seems to me based on Zaph's tests that the Ascendant Audio 6.5" is probably the best mid cost driver.
It too has a somewhat high Fs, but other than that looks like a winner.

Second sourcing as I see it would be to get the rights to build it to the same spec, or just get it supplied by whoever made it for Ascendant. Don't know what the situation would be for a design from a company that is no longer in business.

The Extremis is too low on sensitivity IMO and seems to be better suited for use in pairs. Even adding 3 dB to make up for it being 8 ohm, it is still about 3 dB behind your 6.5 and the Ascendant Audio 6.5".

Thanks,
Pete B.

IXL-18.4 Preorder

Just to let those folks who were in on the IXL-18.4 preorder, the shipment is arriving today and things should be ready to role early next week.

Please check your inboxes as I fired out an email to you yesterday (Wedensday June 13) for some simple instructions.

Those who have been waiting to purchase IXL's the wait is over.

Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.