Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th February 2018, 05:59 PM   #31
Cornan is offline Cornan  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown98 View Post
Forgive the noob questions... but is it no problem to feed the second ps a dc voltage? (apparently not).
How do you set the voltage of the "first" and second PS if for example 12Vdc is the final output?
What happens to the max load in Ampere when put in series?
I set the Gophert csp-3205II (floating lab SMPS connected to a balanced isolation transformer with floating sec) to 14v DC/5.1A max out. The first 3A ps to 13v DC out and the second 3A ps to 12v DC out (Brooklyn's required input). I haven't actually measured the max amperage output of the last ps. The Mytek Brooklyn DAC that this combo is powering pulls below 1A consntinously and peeks during a split second during power-splitter around 1.5A. well below 3A. This is the same figures as when it is powered by Gophert alone. The important thing for me personally is SQ, and this combo sounds glorious!
Old 10th February 2018, 06:08 PM   #32
Shutdown98 is offline Shutdown98  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Thnx
will have a go at it :-)
Old 10th February 2018, 06:59 PM   #33
sq225917 is offline sq225917  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to sq225917
Have you measured the noise coming out of each stage of regulation. I'm quite keen to neaten up my own psu with one of these
Old 10th February 2018, 07:08 PM   #34
Stammheim is offline Stammheim  Germany
diyAudio Member

Cornan was first, thanks, mate!

There are some people using the D-HPULN in series. Can anybody share their experience comparing to use one rail only?

I just saw new posts on last page. Sorry guys, no idea why I am not getting notified.
I seem not to have had answered anything, but if you guys have an important question, please contact me per pm.

Oh well, I got new tools
What I can say is that my new R&S scope limits FFT by about -115dB, the LT3045 PS hits the limit.

Regards

Stammheim

Last edited by Stammheim; 10th February 2018 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10th February 2018, 08:11 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown98 View Post
Thnx
will have a go at it :-)
You will not be dissapointed!
I noticed in your signature that you are using Luckit WaveIO board. I am using Luckit BluWave USB to Spdif board and using LT3045 boards in series improves SQ a lot there as well as with Aqvox switch-8, Aries Mini & ISO Regen.
Old 10th February 2018, 08:21 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stammheim View Post
Cornan was first, thanks, mate!

There are some people using the D-HPULN in series. Can anybody share their experience comparing to use one rail only?

I just saw new posts on last page. Sorry guys, no idea why I am not getting notified.
I seem not to have had answered anything, but if you guys have an important question, please contact me per pm.

Oh well, I got new tools
What I can say is that my new R&S scope limits FFT by about -115dB, the LT3045 PS hits the limit.

Regards

Stammheim
Your welcome Michael!

Do let me know when you have something new up your sleeve!

Micael
Old 11th February 2018, 08:31 PM   #37
branadic is offline branadic
diyAudio Member

Based on aluminium profile cases by ProMa I designed a lab power supply using the LT3045 board. Nothing for audio stuff, just for sensitive circuitry on the lab desk.
As shown a few comments above I used 5digit voltmeter and ampmeter. Getting the case made took a while, but I'm currently at the final assembly.

-branadic-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ULNPS-Frontplatte.jpg (27.0 KB, 500 views)
Old 12th February 2018, 02:31 AM   #38
thuanth43 is offline thuanth43  Viet Nam
diyAudio Member

Not really on topic, but what're those power caps you are using? I like their look, really tidy and clean.
Old 13th February 2018, 05:52 PM   #39
Sligolad is offline Sligolad  Ireland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornan View Post
Nice!

Here is another thing you might want to try out when you get your second single ps?

Attachment 659599

I have tried it out using a Gophert csp-3205II (floating lab SMPS) powering my Brooklyn DAC with awesome results in terms of SQ.

Attachment 659600

Three power supplies in series is surely over the top. However, the SQ jump is unquestionable in my setup and it could hopefully give you or anyone else food for thoughts!
Got the second supply Cornan and set it up with 6.3v AC in with 3v out to the first supply giving 1.3v out to RAM and another step up in performance.
Just listened to Bjork's album Debut and I never heard it sound so good.

Going to have a look at the Lampizator Big7 next to see where I can add some more of these supplies, I already have 2 single 3.3v LDover LT3045 boards on the in and out of the USB input board and these were a big step up in sound quality, will now look at the DAC board for cleaner power and see what happens.

Great sound improvements for the price, well done Stammheim!
Old 13th February 2018, 06:45 PM   #40
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sligolad View Post
Got the second supply Cornan and set it up with 6.3v AC in with 3v out to the first supply giving 1.3v out to RAM and another step up in performance.
Just listened to Bjork's album Debut and I never heard it sound so good.

Going to have a look at the Lampizator Big7 next to see where I can add some more of these supplies, I already have 2 single 3.3v LDover LT3045 boards on the in and out of the USB input board and these were a big step up in sound quality, will now look at the DAC board for cleaner power and see what happens.

Great sound improvements for the price, well done Stammheim!
Really geat to hear Singolad!
You've got good music taste I must say. Bjork - Debut is a favorite album of mine as well. You might want to check out Arca - Arca (2017)

YouTube

Enjoy!

Last edited by Cornan; 13th February 2018 at 06:54 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!