• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: „Ultra Low Noise“ Power Supply, LT3045 based PCB’s

Hi there,

I haven't been here for longer time, almost all communication regarding our HPULN power supplies moved to our website (and the integrated chat). So if you have any questions, suggestions, criticism or any other matters (especially regarding individual setup), feel free to contact us directly.

By the way, you guys might have noticed the Keysight University KickOff, where you can win test gear? If not or when you are interested, take part and support us using this link.

Best regards

Stammheim

Too late to edit my post... ;)
I'll try to be more often at diyaudio again, but sometimes answers are expected quickly. And that's how we want to support - as soon as possible. That works best with a direct contact, as I'm not on diyaudio each day anymore, unfortunatelly! Business and private things happen and take time... ;)

Hi there,

basic for some people, new for others: We received more and more requests during the last weeks regarding following questions:

- how to get higher voltage with an LT3045 based HPULN power supply then its' limit of 15VDC?
and
- how to achieve a positive and negative output with an LT3045 (as a positive reg) based HPULN power supply?

We tried to answer both questions in our blog and hope, some people will find that helpful to easily find their application matching ultra low noise power supply!

Best regards

Stammheim

Hi there,

Step by step we replace our HPULN power supplies with new versions, the dual rail ALD-HPULN and the single rail DLS-HPULN will follow next week.
The major update is the replace of the SET-capacitors to two foil caps in the ALS-HPULN, DLS-HPULN and LSIB-HPULN modules. In the other modules two acoustic low noise caps in parallel do the job.
The result is a slightly improved PSRR over frequency and a faster regulation.
Some of the actual versions are now offered to a special price, as long as available. Visit us at LT3045 based ultralow noise Power Supplies | MPAudio

Feel free to contact us directly, if you have any questions.

Best regards

Stammheim

Last edited:
Hi folks,

for matching individual needs, MPAudio offers now custom made transformers with up to 4 secondary windings. All windings can be configured individually regarding their VAC and current, which makes it possible to save space and costs, using one transformer for several power supplies.

Devices such as a DAC, a pre-amplifier or an audio-computer offering very small space within their enclosure, but benefiting of an ultra low noise power at usual voltage ranges such as 3,3V, 5,0V and +-12V are very common use cases for a transformer with multiple secondary windings.

With our compact size HPULN power supplies and our highest quality application matching transformers, individual setups are easy to implement, getting out the best of your audio equipment for the greatest audible experience!

Let us know, if you have any questions!

Best regards

Stammheim

Hi members.

I have a Chord Qutest dac. I wan't to build a good power supply. The factory power supply is 5V-2A. What do you recommend to me? What type mpaudio power supply, and AC/DC or DC/DC?
Thank you your help.

I found a 12V bench supply on auction for a few dollars. I used the case and transformer. I had a LM350 on hand and used the data sheet as a guide to determine resistor values. I used good quality Nichicon capacitors and hacked a USB cable to connect the two. It works great.

Thanks again, peranders, your information is included now :)

@jbator:
We're always open for new designs. Having that in mind, I ask myself, if the MS-HPULN wouldn't be the right module for your application?! There are many individual setups imaginable and we hope, we can handle at least most of them. However, there are for sure setups, that we didn't think about yet. You're welcome to send me a PM as well or contact me directly via our website-chat (LT3045 based ultralow noise Power Supplies | MPAudio).

Have a good time everybody!

Best regards

Stammheim

Hello. I would ask you for an info: I use an hpuln 5A to feedback my dac 15V (m2tech younk mkIII) and i would like to put another card only dc, later in series to further decrease the noise. the problem is that the dac to be powered is 15v. so I should select from the first card a voltage of at least 15V + dropout of the lt3045 (260mv?) ie 15.26V and then enter the second card and get in15V, correct? but can I do it? ie can I select an output voltage greater than 15V on the hpuln? thank you