Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Old 7th March 2018, 05:53 AM   #91
Daudio1 is offline Daudio1  United States
diyAudio Member

Oops, so sorry to be so off base and off topic. I can only beg forgiveness for a 'senior moment'.

Your regulator modules are beautiful, as well as providing amazing performance. I am tempted to contemplate one for my Mac Mini server LPSU. But that should be in the 4A-6A range (through I measured only max 2.7A with cheap DMM). And I'm only a poor pensioner, so...

I will find a way to add heatsink to the little 1A modules. I am Not a circuit designer (nor trained in reading datasheets), but I've been building and repairing electronics since the early 1960's, so just another project challenge

Cheers, Dave A

Last edited by Daudio1; 7th March 2018 at 05:57 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 7th March 2018, 10:23 AM   #92
jaaptina is offline jaaptina
diyAudio Member
Originally Posted by Daudio1 View Post
Not sure if this is the right thread, but... Just received 1A 7.1V (dual) LT3045 kit, bought off eBay.

2) How is a heat sink attached to this board ?
I've got two LT3045's between LPS-1 and ultraRendu. 6V 1A is enough to power the ultraRendu. The LT3045's don't get hot. Not even warm.
Old 9th March 2018, 12:29 PM   #93
jmmbarco is offline jmmbarco
diyAudio Member
Hi Stammhein! I need three dc input single rail boards. I have sent you a PM.

Thank you!
Old Yesterday, 01:13 PM   #94
Sligolad is offline Sligolad  Ireland
diyAudio Member
Originally Posted by Stammheim View Post
Do you mean 16VDC at input or output?
Input is ok, the LT3045 is able to handle up to 20VDC, please don't you adjust >15VDC at the output.
Did you find the reason for the failure?

sq225917 is right, avoid that huge capacity at the output.

Wow, I thought the thickness might be to less for efficient cooling. Are you able to measure temperature?

Best regards

Finally got round to measuring temperature on the copper heat-sinks and after 4 hours running and enjoying the music, the heat-sinks were both between 40 & 43C which is excellent.

Will be ordering more for DAC and other possible improvements

Hide this!Advertise here!