• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs

How would you describe the difference in how this amp sounds compared to the previous Volt+ model?... or compared to other low cost amps you are familiar with?
Also, what does the gain switch do to the sound? This is for what, better mating depending on speakers and/or use of a pre-amp?

Sounds great..gain is to chose from a DAC line out (2.1 Vrms) and line out of your mobile phone (1Vrms)

I think that for DIYers, a board only option would be a good idea.
most of us end up mounting the board in bespoke enclosures that fit our need, and paying for the attenuator and case just to end up throwing it would deter a lot from buying this amp.
What about the test results?

Sounds great..gain is to chose from a DAC line out (2.1 Vrms) and line out of your mobile phone (1Vrms)

I was hoping for more details than "sounds great". Can you describe how it sounds different from the previous Volt+ model? How does it sound compared to a TPA3255EVM or any other chip amp you have listened to? What speakers/components did you use to listen test it? Thanks!

Split the stack?

Thanks for the pic.

Will it be possible to split the stack into two halfs, both halfs connected by a cable?

Something like this:

[RPi + lowest board] <--Cable--> [mid board + top board]

I'm interested to integrate Katana into my stereo, but space is limited.

thanks
Stephan