• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AZ OLED setup kits for Soekris dam1021/1121 control

You can connect dam's J10 RS232 serial port to PC, and switch the DF on AZ, and then check the corresponding instructions on PC. If the instruction is normal, that's not the problem of AZ. So you have to check the firmware or DF of dam.

Hi again. The instructions sent via the sk is correct with soekris v1.19 firmware. Just checked via serial (connected to J3).

Changing filters says F4, F6 etc.. But I dont think I am able to hear any big differences between these filters.

Hi again. The instructions sent via the sk is correct with soekris v1.19 firmware. Just checked via serial (connected to J3).

Changing filters says F4, F6 etc.. But I dont think I am able to hear any big differences between these filters.
This is exactly the same we mentioned before (I saw another collegues with same isse)
Filter switching IS NOT WORKING at least for me.

This is exactly the same we mentioned before (I saw another collegues with same isse)
Filter switching IS NOT WORKING at least for me.

Bambadoo is correct, the filters on the DAM are VERY subtle. You need a really resolving system to hear differences and even then they are subtle. It can lead you to think filter switching is not working.

It’s not difficult to check whether the AZ is switching the filters. As Audiozen suggested and Bambadoo confirmed, hook up a PC to the DAM’s RS232 on J10 like you would if updating the DAM firmware. No need to go into the uManager via +++. Now power up the AZ/DAM. You should see the DAMs power-on default settings scroll down the PC screen.

The DAM is programmed to send/report each change of state via serial (both RS232 on J10 and TTL on J3) so if you use the AZ via J3 to change the filter and it does indeed change the filter then you will see the change reported on the PC’s screen via the J10 RS232 connection to the DAM - thus confirming the AZ did indeed change the filter setting on the DAM. Same for volume changes, input changes, phase change (if using the 1.19 firmware) and bitrate changes.

Thank derekr for your explanation. It's very clear. If one of the digital filters is replaced by NOS, it should be easier to distinguish the difference.

Yeah, NOS is much easier to tell on most hardware. The subtle differences in the stock filters in my case can be heard much more on HD800 cans than my loudspeakers. No issues with filter switching.