• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AZ OLED setup kits for Soekris dam1021/1121 control

tx--rx, rx--tx

Hello
I have 2serious issues with PCB pls support

1. Filters as colleges described above do not switch in real while switched on display. No problem with switching by R232 and PC...

Any solution? I can see I am not he only one who experienced it.

2.I have distorted sound from RPI and cnat fix it. I dismantled even second PI to check is it everything ok. Unfortunately it dosnt work neither. In the same time Amanero and all digital inputs works fine... I didn't removed 3 resistors (may it be a case?) but do not use I2s input anyway and in case of further use of I2s I created switch to power off RPi while the Soekris is working.

IMG_3694_1.jpg

3.Question: As I utilized dam PCB form previous project I had to lift it to find a place for connections. Here is the case: I skipped J2 and didn't connect any wires there.. IS it any use from this in standard configuration?

aaaaae.jpg

thank you

Last edited:
1、Please see the reply from the previous post. Please synchronously monitor on the computer whether MCU sends out the filter change command.F5 F6...
2、If the differential I2S of the HDMI interface is to be used for standard i2s, several 33 resistors must be removed. Or you'll have to use the USB i2s.

1、Please see the reply from the previous post. Please synchronously monitor on the computer whether MCU sends out the filter change command.F5 F6...
2、If the differential I2S of the HDMI interface is to be used for standard i2s, several 33 resistors must be removed. Or you'll have to use the USB i2s.

Hi, Audiozen What about J2? Is it needed or may be skipped as I did? Will I loose any functionality this way?

Next question
I failed wit IR remote programming. I cant find any "RE button" then push it. The procedure as described on picture bellow is really not sufficient as I have no idea from where to start. Now any remote I tried just switching the source that's all.

aaaaaaaaaa.jpg

Hi Audiozen,

I've got a question: Is it possible to communicate with AZ SK kit?
To be more precise: I want to know which source is already selected and trigger selection of other source. I want to do this from my PC/Rpi.

BR,
Seba

There is no way to communicate with AZ, because the core is dam, and AZ just sends instructions to dam. You can try and read the state information of dam with raspberry pie. The more information can be read in the user's Manual of dam.

There is no way to communicate with AZ, because the core is dam, and AZ just sends instructions to dam. You can try and read the state information of dam with raspberry pie. The more information can be read in the user's Manual of dam.

I can read everything from dam. I know that. the problem is to know which source is selected. As far as I understand, AZ Kit is responsible for switching between eg. USB and I2S inputs. Dam has only one I2S input so it means that AZ kit has I2S multiswitch on-board. I suppose that switching between I2S and USB is performed on AZ Kit level and dam has no information about that. Am I right?

I can read everything from dam. I know that. the problem is to know which source is selected. As far as I understand, AZ Kit is responsible for switching between eg. USB and I2S inputs. Dam has only one I2S input so it means that AZ kit has I2S multiswitch on-board. I suppose that switching between I2S and USB is performed on AZ Kit level and dam has no information about that. Am I right?

You're right. AZ adds 2 switches to share the interface. One is I2S, the other is SPDIF. However, there is no design to provide external signal instructions, so I am very sorry, can not solve your request.

My RPI->Normundss switch board->Soekris DAM->AudioZen SKLite setup

Just wanted to share my breadboard setup. Next task is to add Salas BIB power supply for DAM and then put everything in a nice chasis.
Thanks to Audiozen for this nice board.

Attachments

• 20180716_214505.jpg
    20180716_214505.jpg
    984.8 KB · Views: 447