• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AZ OLED setup kits for Soekris dam1021/1121 control

All standard I2S Interface USB cards can be used.
If you need to use 2 I2S interfaces, you need to remove several resistors of 33 ohms(nearby the I2S interface, note 33*3
), so that HDMI can not be used.

Hi

Please Mr LEON, can i use also DAM 1121 Dac Card ?, with or without adaptations ?,

For use I2S Port, please how removed the 3 33ohm resistors,

Can i use Amanero'17 Xo1 CRISTEK 957 USB card, or ARMATURE-SINGXER F1 usb card,
or ur good advices for high grade USB Card ?....

yours,
thanx,
w :)

One more SK board up and running, we have power at least.

The LED beside the DC input on the DAM1021 is blinking furiously, I'm sure I have seen mention of this but cannot find it... can someone enlighten me?

Attachments

• _DSC0002.JPG
    _DSC0002.JPG
    323.6 KB · Views: 403
Hallo Audiozen

I bought a sk lite.
This week te case for all the items came.
I my case the Rotary encoder cable is a little bit short ;-). I can use it but I have to route it over a 100VA Transformer. Will this be a problem?
The cable for the IR receiving tube is to short. Is it allowed to lengthen the cable?
Or do I need a new cable? What is the max. lenght? How do you call the 3pin connector?
Thr OLED flat cable is long enough ;-) But I have to route it over the 100VA Transformer, too. Will this be a problem?

Greetings

Hallo Audiozen

I bought a sk lite.
This week te case for all the items came.
I my case the Rotary encoder cable is a little bit short ;-). I can use it but I have to route it over a 100VA Transformer. Will this be a problem?
The cable for the IR receiving tube is to short. Is it allowed to lengthen the cable?
Or do I need a new cable? What is the max. lenght? How do you call the 3pin connector?
Thr OLED flat cable is long enough ;-) But I have to route it over the 100VA Transformer, too. Will this be a problem?

Greetings

XH2.54 ,You can extend yourself.

Also looking for tidy ways to mount an RPi. Leon, if future versions can have a mounting footprint for these development boards that would be great!

Seba - can you describe the RPi setup you have there. I see the I2S from the Rpi to the mainboard but what is the USB output to the DAC via a serial adaptor?

Attachments

• _DSC0005.JPG
    _DSC0005.JPG
    384 KB · Views: 377
Seba - can you describe the RPi setup you have there. I see the I2S from the Rpi to the mainboard but what is the USB output to the DAC via a serial adaptor?

This is an isolated USB<->RS232(TTL) adapter connected to dam1021 via TTL<->RS232 converter. I want to have possibility to update firmware and filters at any time without connecting additional device/PC.
I'v have installed fortaa/dam1021 library on rPI for this purpose.

This is an isolated USB<->RS232(TTL) adapter connected to dam1021 via TTL<->RS232 converter. I want to have possibility to update firmware and filters at any time without connecting additional device/PC.
I'v have installed fortaa/dam1021 library on rPI for this purpose.

In my opinion you don’t even need the USB-serial converter for this. Just use the Rpi’s UART. I have had no problems even for updating firmware.

In my opinion you don’t even need the USB-serial converter for this. Just use the Rpi’s UART. I have had no problems even for updating firmware.

How can this be done as I have a Pi3 and had to struggle to get an old PC with the true serial ports last week to update the firmware and changing of the filters. Also I have the normuds input selector board on the Soekris DAC which houses the Amanero i2s dac and also helps in selecting the sources. I hope this does not effect the usage of Rpis UART pins as it will use the J10 rather than J3.

Yes, you're right but keep in mind that rs232 in soekris is not isolated. I want to have permanent rs232 connection and keep soekris power as clean as possible. I couldn't find isolated TTL <-> RS232 converter so i decided to go into isolated USB <-> TTL converter.