• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AZ OLED setup kits for Soekris dam1021/1121 control

Is there anybody on this thread who has made enclosures yet? It would be fantastic if somebody had .dxf files - or drilling templates - for an enclosure that they would share.

A nice board like this deserves a nice enclosure..

Thanks in advance.

I've done a prototype, and had it built by frontpanelexpress.com. I received it yesterday.
They do very nice work, but I've found a few issues with my design:

I followed the layout guide in post #133 for the back panel. It worked fine, except for the I2S connector. While the layout guide specified 13 mm wide, I really needed 15 mm. A few minutes with a file fixed that.

My bigger issue relates to mounting the PCB. I planned on sliding it into slots in the extrusions used as side panels in the enclosure. I've run into two problems with that. First, the slots are 1.8 mm high, while the PCB is more like 2 mm thick, so they don't fit. More significantly on the transformer side of the PCB, there are traces almost up to the edge, which appear to carry line level AC. So I don't want those touching the aluminum case. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about these issues, particularly the latter.

I also appear to have a couple of issues with my front panel design, but those are due to errors I made.

I've done a prototype, and had it built by frontpanelexpress.com. I received it yesterday.
They do very nice work, but I've found a few issues with my design:

I followed the layout guide in post #133 for the back panel. It worked fine, except for the I2S connector. While the layout guide specified 13 mm wide, I really needed 15 mm. A few minutes with a file fixed that.
I also appear to have a couple of issues with my front panel design, but those are due to errors I made.

I sounds like you have come a long towards making an good enclosure, Bob.
My plan was to use frontpannelexpress.com like you. So I would be very grateful, if you would share the .fpd file for the back panel.

I will probably go for an enclosure from Modushop and put the pcb on standoffs.

Your help would be very much appreciated.:)

Last edited:
Here's my FPD file for the back of my enclosure. I did widen the I2S to fit the connector.

This is minimum width for the board, slot mounted in the enclosure. If you're going to use a wider enclosure, you'll need to widen the panel. If I were doing that, I'd also move the AC inlet over a bit, so it's not right by the AC inputs to the PCB.

Attachments

• Back.zip
    827 bytes · Views: 157
Here's my FPD file for the back of my enclosure. I did widen the I2S to fit the connector.

This is minimum width for the board, slot mounted in the enclosure. If you're going to use a wider enclosure, you'll need to widen the panel. If I were doing that, I'd also move the AC inlet over a bit, so it's not right by the AC inputs to the PCB.

Thank you very much! The back panel looks very fine. I will probably widen the panel to a standard enclosure width.
:)

Hi.

Extra panel :)

I renew my request. Can you add a hole on the back panel to mount the raspberry Pi.

Your AZ OLED is a great piece of equipment combined with Soekris. Plays great, great service. Great, great thanks !!!

My DAC looks like the picture. Waiting for the house ...

Attachments

• 20170921_131719.jpg
    20170921_131719.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 652
@ciechomir
Thank you for your compliment. I want you to have fun.
It is hard to please all. If the design of the chassis is relatively large, transportation and packaging are also more troublesome, so the design of the chassis did not take into account the additional needs. The width of the chassis is now designed to be 280mm. If other requirements are considered, the case width should be 320mm or 430mm.

@nautibuoy

Could you please send me a pm with the fpd file you sent to Schaeffer.
I also bought a chinese chassis and the backpanel was made by Schaeffer.

I need the dimensions of the display, so I can order the frontpanel.
How do you fix the display? Can you deliver some extra photos?

Thanks and greetings from germany.

Could you please send me a pm with the fpd file you sent to Schaeffer.

Here's a link to dropbox for the display screen part of my front panel;

Dropbox - Front_DIYA.fpd

I have grouped the required elements together so you can just copy and paste the whole group into your front panel without compromising the relative positions of the elements. Of course you can ungroup the elements if you want to change anything.

I need the dimensions of the display, so I can order the frontpanel.

I used the dimensions from the mechanical diagrams that Audiozen included earlier in the thread. I suggest you double check the dimensions and ensure your position on the front panel works and doesn't foul anything else - I can't be responsible for your implementation.

How do you fix the display? Can you deliver some extra photos?

The display is fixed using treaded inserts on the back of the panel. The necessary blind threaded holes are included in the .fpd file above. I had to open up the mounting holes in the display PCB a little as it was a tight fit. Here's a close up picture that should show you how I mounted the display.

zhtV3Kd.jpg