• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs

Great idea..not so great in practice, Unfortunately power requirements are completely different and you need an extra rail. Also footprint is diffrent

I havn't said it would be easy on the way there. :D
Completely different? You've been solving more complex challenges by now. ;)
And I havn't said you just go and switch the DAC chips. Obviously you'd have to switch the DAC HATs. What people might be able to reuse is the outputstage HAT. Or the main PS HAT.
If you'd need e.g. another 1.2V for thr DAC you could simply arrange that on the DAC HAT.

I havn't said it would be easy on the way there. :D
Completely different? You've been solving more complex challenges by now. ;)
And I havn't said you just go and switch the DAC chips. Obviously you'd have to switch the DAC HATs. What people might be able to reuse is the outputstage HAT. Or the main PS HAT.
If you'd need e.g. another 1.2V for thr DAC you could simply arrange that on the DAC HAT.

Will take it under consideration (all other stages can stay the same)

Meanwhile we are back to testing. THD+N is -102db. We want better.

Wow.

1db down per day. That's what I'd call progress
For how many more days are you gonna keep tweaking?? :D

BTW.
For sure you've seen the images of IanCanada and his transformer
outputstage HAT that'll go on top of his 9028Q2M HAT.

Looks nice to me. ;) That'll perfectly fit my earlier expressed idea
of seeing modularity on the HAT side.

I think that Ians took a different route with his design. In our design there is much less to tweak , everything is optimized by us. Also we are concentrating on the ess9038q2m .At last , like I said , our board is in master not slave or ASRC with latest NDK clocks.

As far as tweaking , we want to make sure that it sounds great. Thats our main focus.We just changed the capacitor in Vref to film and found a 1db decrease in 2 and 3 harmonics .

Also , we have added an "active filter" in the power supply input. 0-20Khz noise is down to 3 micro volts.

DC offset is hand trimmed (and will be same for all finished products) at about 600uV

DC/DC convertor is finished..15V is very clean.

Its coming , but we wont rush it. Every single rail has to be optimized. 75% are done.