• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs

IMHO the possibility of disabling local power supply (supplies) without desoldering smd components will be great.
Hifiberry Dac+ Pro with separate 3.3 V ps for digital part and 3.3 for analogue part is completely different dac, but i had to bent some pins on pi, desolder smd parts and solder few things to reach that. One good external power supply is (nearly) always a great improvement for any audio gear.

Maybe also a possibilty to exchange easily outputs caps and resistors (if any)...

I am thinking of using the Kali with an external I2S DAC (DDDAC-1794), and then feed the analog signal from the DAC to an Allo Relay Volume Control. The plan would be to stick the Kali on an RPi, and the Relay Volme Control onto the Kali. The DAC would not sit on this stack. Will this work? Will the Volume Control fit on the Kali? Are the I2S pins accessible from the Volume Control board to feed them to the DAC?

I am thinking of using the Kali with an external I2S DAC (DDDAC-1794), and then feed the analog signal from the DAC to an Allo Relay Volume Control. The plan would be to stick the Kali on an RPi, and the Relay Volme Control onto the Kali. The DAC would not sit on this stack. Will this work? Will the Volume Control fit on the Kali? Are the I2S pins accessible from the Volume Control board to feed them to the DAC?

Not possible , sorry we did not design it with this config in mind

Might be a simpler solution to use Kali on RPI3 and relay hat on a pi zero

Sorry if I am hijacking this thread. But as far as I understand you designed the Kali board?

I have a problem. I bought the Kali + Piano 2.1 + Volt to use with Kodi and MPD (audio switching between the two which seems to work).

Now I have the following issue:
Audio delay when using Allo Piano 2.1 DAC + Kali Reclocker

I do not really want to throw it in the trash of course (sorry for saying that) and actually think the hardware is well designed, but I was shocked when I learned the Kali cannot be used when playing movies in Kodi because of the introduced audio delay which varies every time.

Is there a way to solve this? I already spent almost 200$ to buy all the boards + power supplies :(. They sent me the wrong 19v psu (connector too small) and forgot to send me the spacers (received them later, but still not enough). Cannot wait to be able to enjoy this, but feel bad about having spent so much money and not being able to use it as I intended (being able to control the subwoofers separately using the LFE inputs for movies and listening to music of course, but that works fine)

Last edited: