• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs

quick look and yep, THD+N looks much better than usual TPA3118 boards. Measures as good as EVM :)

The first measurement @1W is in 4ohm and the others in 8 ohm. Not a problem, just good to mention.

If I read correctly, the gain is 20dB. What was the power supply voltage during these tests ?

Yes we measured first at 4ohm but there is not much diff at 8ohm. We used our own SMPS at 19v better than most SMPS but still some noise on it.

Yes gain is lowest 20db and yes I think we reach (and few cases exceed) the EVM.

I hope the measurements show that our Volt+ is a well designed TPA3118.

regarding the 4 ohm measurements: why does overdamped outputfilter show slightly rising frequency respons

32xx evm with coilcraft mss inductor (similar construction) might perform worse than what these data show. 31xx evm datasheet graphs use less feedback/26dB gain. On all 31xx ampboards lower gainsetting is an audible difference (outputlevels matched) especially when outputlevels increase.

Yes we measured first at 4ohm but there is not much diff at 8ohm. We used our own SMPS at 19v better than most SMPS but still some noise on it.

Yes gain is lowest 20db and yes I think we reach (and few cases exceed) the EVM.

I hope the measurements show that our Volt+ is a well designed TPA3118.

I thought your Volt+ is "immune" to power-supply-noise"?

So in the end we are getting the performance expected from the EVM, okay. Question is, will the performance be at the same level when skipping the cap. multiplier?

I estimate 10 weeks for mass production

Hi cdsgames,

I love your products. What's the status on this project? I would love to buy a bunch for my Pi's
Also an off topic question regarding the Kali. I've ordered another Kali a week ago for another project. Only problem, sossolutions in the Netherlands has no supplies and doesn't know when they will get new boards. I rather need it soon (two weeks)
What's the status on the Kali? Or are you ramping up for the Kali II and fading out the Kali?

Regards

I thought your Volt+ is "immune" to power-supply-noise"?

So in the end we are getting the performance expected from the EVM, okay. Question is, will the performance be at the same level when skipping the cap. multiplier?

Actually , if you look closely , we beat the EVM .

I think there fair question is...can any modded board come even close to our test figures ?

Question is, will the performance be at the same level when skipping the cap. multiplier?
why do that ? it is onboard. if it improve performance, it's a good idea.

EVM data is not published at 20dB gain. How can one be so sure results are better than the published data ? Pointless discussion without the data.

It's fair to reckon that this commercially available board has the best published measurements, without any mod. Even when compared to other cheap boards modded by diyers I have seen on this forum.
It is available for sale, for a fraction of the EVM price. That's good news for the byers.

It has been measured to have 800-8kHz frequency respons, it was the best then too. At the moment the respons deviation might seem unimportant, but it points to either componentvalues being off more than 50% or still wrong measurement setup. From this measurement setup it is the best, nobody else measured like this. Or boards produced contain components more than 50% off, buy buy buy???