Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Isolator board for RPI/ i2s/ i2c
Isolator board for RPI/ i2s/ i2c
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th July 2017, 09:03 PM   #61
jonners is offline jonners  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ le Roi View Post
Jonners wrote: Have you tried powering the Kali to see if it will feed power to the Isolator, with the 'feed sbc' jumper closed? I have the iancanada isolator and it works like that, whereas power fed to the isolator does not pass through to the Kali and DAC.

I did it, and yes, it works! So you can use the Isolator and the Kali together. Feed the Kali. Close the feed sbc jumper. The Kali will feed the Isolator.
I hope you're supplying 5V to Kali, not 6.4V from the batteries?
Since it works, I guess you must now be bypassing the regulator in the isolator which steps down from 6V+ to 5V.
Old 12th July 2017, 11:57 AM   #62
cdsgames is offline cdsgames  Canada
diyAudio Member

Yes I can confirm that our team did implement it (I was not aware)

So our isolator is capable of sourcing 5V from above stage (Kali Dac etc) then regulate it down for clean side isolation IC.
Old 14th July 2017, 07:44 PM   #63
Skip Pack is offline Skip Pack  United States
diyAudio Member

I want to be very sure I'm powering my newly arrived Isolator correctly. Is there a difference other than connectors between the power jack input and the battery input pins. I expect to use either batteries or a supply with greater than 5 volts and want it to power the Isolator board and the Boss DAC. I'll leave my current linear supply on the RPi2.

Skip
Old 16th July 2017, 11:50 AM   #64
diyAudio Member

No difference between the 2.

On the barrel make sure middle pin is positive . I myself use it with 4 batteries . (2 serial 2 parallel about 6.6v output)
Old 17th July 2017, 10:22 AM   #65
DJ le Roi is offline DJ le Roi
diyAudio Member

@cdsgames

I understand the Kali needs an independent PSU. Is it somehow possible to modify the Kali so that I can feed the Isolator/Kali/Piano combination with two LifePo4 batteries PSU (6,6V)?

Last edited by DJ le Roi; 17th July 2017 at 10:32 AM.
Old 17th July 2017, 07:05 PM   #66
diyAudio Member

No need to modify...just use 5V on Kali and set the jumper to (feed sbc)...that in turn will feed the isolator (5v its enough) and the stage above

You cannot modify the LDOs whiteout some serious work (to have them work at more than 5.5v)
Old 17th July 2017, 07:22 PM   #67
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsgames View Post
No need to modify...just use 5V on Kali and set the jumper to (feed sbc)...that in turn will feed the isolator (5v its enough) and the stage above)
Yes I know, but I wanted to use a LifePo4 PSU for the Isolator/Kali/Piano 2.1....
Old 18th July 2017, 02:05 PM   #68
diyAudio Member

Not possible with current LDOs...max is 5.5V
Old 19th July 2017, 10:02 AM   #69
diyAudio Member

DJ , if you remove a diode on Kali, you will be able to feed from below.So basically using your Isolator (at 6.6V as requested)

Can you use a soldering gun ?
Old 19th July 2017, 11:34 AM   #70
diyAudio Member

Yes, I can.

Isolator board for RPI/ i2s/ i2cHide this!Advertise here!