• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs

Hi Everyone, I'm new here.

I've read through this entire thread and I haven't seen anyone talking about the piano 2.1 with JRiver. I have my piano up and running in 2.1 setup on a fresh Raspbian install, I've downloaded all of the firmware files so I can configure the paino is alsamixer.

I'm hoping to use some of JRiver's DSP functions to add delay and EQ but JRiver seems to only see the Piano as a 2 channel DAC (even though it correctly functions as a 2.1 channel DAC).

I've asked the same question at the JRiver forum but has anyone here messed around with the Piano 2.1 with JRiver? Or do you have any suggestions how I might get the DAC presented as multichannel to JRiver?

Thanks for the help.
Matt

Thanks. I managed to get an approval once I emailed them.

Is there any way to take a look at the purepath files used for the standard setups? It might make it easier to understand how to tweak.

Matt

I've played around with the TI suite at Raspberry Pi with Piano2.1 DAC DSP and Volumio2
The block diagrams show what I trying. I was also able to get starter files from Allo.

Last edited:
there is only one way to get the best sq out of the raspberry: you have to slim the kernel. i e.g. Play my Music in autoplay only. anything else is away from the kernel. e.g. Network Video, Tastatur, mouse, usb, just everything that is not connected to Music. even though i use an allo kali the increase in sq is huge, especially regarding Timing.
os activity makes the sq worse. basta.

Interesting to see Codaca inductor in place. :D Will there be PFFB and an external SE2Diff stage implemented as well? From our measurement, we have seen that using an external SE2Diff stage (even without PFFB) gives an advantage of nearly 20dB regarding k1/k2 and k1/k3 margin. PFFB then pulls another 10-20dB better performance. With an overall system gain of 32dB THD+N hits 0.0077% while pure THD is at 0.0022%. At 1kHz k1/k2 is 108dB, k1/k3 is 120dB. These values are for 10W into 10R.

Last edited: