• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs

You can power the micro controller with 5 to 5.5V (and power the rest of the system from that power) and it will create dual rail 15V OR you can input your own 15V (like LPS)

You can power the ess HAT separately at 5-5.5V max

You can power the RPI separately from the above.

How much power does the 3 board stack require , 1A ? I would guess that the most common configuration will be 2 power supplies , 1 for the pi and another for the hat stack, should both be high quality; how well is the stack isolated from noise from the pi ?

How much power does the 3 board stack require , 1A ? I would guess that the most common configuration will be 2 power supplies , 1 for the pi and another for the hat stack, should both be high quality; how well is the stack isolated from noise from the pi ?

About 0.9A

We are testing with 2 PSUs and we arrived at THD+N of -112. (to answer how well its isolated)

Of course if desired , we have a isolator that could be used (and it was tested). We see no difference in THD+N using isolator but keep in mind that A. We are at the limits of our AP machine B. THD+N numbers doesn't tell the whole story on how you perceive sound .

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Katana for PC?

I'm in a situation where I am deciding whether or not to use a [quality] RCA splitter out of my current DAC (Schiit Modi Multibit) or consider a DIY solution. I also have a RPi3 with Hifiberry DAC+ Pro for streaming, but my next setup might just use my PC for everything (both headphone amp and stereo receiver).

So, I'm wondering if anyone here has had any experience with splitting signal out directly out of the DAC? And, is it possible to leverage the Katana as an external DAC for PC?

Thanks in advance!

Some updates.

As attached the THD+N that we are reaching presently is -112.7 with the mods from previous board.

Production has started today . We expect to have samples/some stock in less than 12 days. (we need time to hand trim each unit)

Attachments

• RCA_with new katana (003).pdf
    569.7 KB · Views: 332
Production of the first 200 units has been completed. Each board is undergoing testing and programming about 45 min each.

We have made multiple setups and we are able to ramp up production for up to 25 boards a day (fully programmed and tested)

Attachments

• katana production.pdf
    132.4 KB · Views: 262