• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs

@cgdsgames : Thanks for the work.
Excellent results @400Hz, confirm an excellent implementation :)
AP reports are not easy to read for non educated eyes. You should put your data together in a more readable form and publish on your website. You can be proud of them.

As diyers, we'd like to understand and could try new designs and mods endlessly just to find out about the differences...

@cgdsgames : Thanks for the work.
Excellent results @400Hz, confirm an excellent implementation :)
AP reports are not easy to read for non educated eyes. You should put your data together in a more readable form and publish on your website. You can be proud of them.

As diyers, we'd like to understand and could try new designs and mods endlessly just to find out about the differences...

Alkasar , we appreciate every kind word . We worked hard on the Volt+ and its our great team from India that did the ground work with a bit of help from us.

Every comment like this is sent to them. Thx you.

We appreciate this community and will share our own "secret sauces" . We are all learning, we are all diyers.

A bottle of St-Emillion thats what waiting for me tonight :)

@cdsgames, is the RPi's 3.3V still not passed through?

One specific application where it would be handy to have the 3.3V pass through is for use with the Soekris dam1021. The Soekris dam1021 requires 3.3V input along with the i2s because it has an isolator that needs to be powered. So a "default" RPi can provide that natively, but it looks like using the Allo Kali would require a separate 3.3V supply.

(Granted, the Soekris has its own reclocker after the isolation, so in theory the Kali would be redundant anyway. Despite that, I've read subjective reports of improvements when using better I2S devices.)

I also found Soekris sound quality to be dependent on I2S signal quality. The better the I2S signal the better sound you get out of Soekris. Seems like soekris reclocking is inefficient.
I am also waiting for Kali version 2 with 3.3V pass through to power Soekris isolator.

Hmm, Poutmax at 8R:

(19V*0.707)^2/8R = 22.5W

From the plots reading for 1% THD:

20Hz: 28W
1kHz: 26W
6kHz: 26W

Ok.

You are very precise by looking at that graph. 26W :)

I get slightly lower . But yes seems that they used higher voltage. I know the smps has a +- (10-15%) but frankly we work in different offices and a while back they told me we use 19v. Seems they used 5 to 10% more.

Close..but no cigar ?

Also I assume you are also using normal SMPS as power source to reach close like we do? Or is it a lab PSU/linear ..

Just to compare apples to apples.

Close yes - because i don't have an AP to work with and i can't specify the uncertainty of measurement. I also don't know what integration time and window function the AP is using for the FFT. Beside this, i don't have exact 8R load resistors.

(Lastly, i compared at 1kHz only)

The results are reasonable as a colleague did measured his TPA3118 implementation in the same manner with "close" results.

Power supply is a Korad KA3005D. (Linear)

Last edited:
:)Our testing is done with SMPS. I think its slightly unfair to use a linear power supply and compare the data versus one using SMPS..generally speaking

Second , you are comparing BTL with PBTL boards. You know that PBTL have better specs.

Even with that, from 0.1W to 22W our boards show better THD+N.

So we will take it.