• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AckoDAC based on ES9038PRO

Hi,

I'm building an 8-channel DAC to use with 4-way active speakers. I'm very interested in your AKD38 DAC. I understand you have (or plan to have?) an 8-channel I/V solution for this DAC (AKV38 is mentioned, but never described).

Could you please provide technical details for the complete 8-channel ES9038-based combo, including the I/V stage (if that's available)?

Thanks,
Andrey

Hi,

I'm building an 8-channel DAC to use with 4-way active speakers. I'm very interested in your AKD38 DAC. I understand you have (or plan to have?) an 8-channel I/V solution for this DAC (AKV38 is mentioned, but never described).

Could you please provide technical details for the complete 8-channel ES9038-based combo, including the I/V stage (if that's available)?

Thanks,
Andrey

Hi Andrey,

Thank you for your interest. Combo versions for typical DIY use are not available at this stage. You will need to build up from the basic DAC and other modules as indicated. However, there are some custom designed complete multichannel system in the works. I will reply your PM soon with more details.

Hi Acko. I have one of your old boards ( AK12 ) with a NTD1 I/V stage. is it posible to just drop in your new board ? ( ususal DIY setup, totaly owerbuild power suply, ect ;) )

It still ound fantastic by the way ;)
Theis

Hi Theis,

Good to hear from you!
The AKD38 can be made to match the NTD1 electrically but you will need to take care of the mechanical fitting. Contact me for further details :)

The AckoDAC ES9038Pro is making beautiful music. I have used ultralow 1/F noise regulators of my own design for every power supply position including the digital ones. Also a IV stage of my own design which has the capability of handling DAC output currents for (my eventual) dual mono set-up.This is the best sound I have ever had from a DAC in my living room and beats my previous ES9018 Dual Monos,
AKM4490 Dual Monos and a AK4497 set up amongst others. ES9038Pro making music by themystical2012, on Flickr

For my next step which is dual mono, a question for Acko. Will the controller recognise that there are two ES9038Pro chips connected and automatically configure each board for Mono, Left and Right?
:cheers:
Welll done! I am really impressed by your own efforts to design further and complete the build - true DIY effort that needs to be emulated

The DAC controller is also fairly advanced and full-featured. Just connect both DACs to it and it will automatically recognise both DACs and configure a dual mono setup. The manual describes further details on this. I have done tests to confirm operations so really looking forward to your results!

Last edited:
:cheers:
Welll done! I am really impressed by your own efforts to design further and complete the build - true DIY effort that needs to be emulated

The DAC controller is also fairly advanced and full-featured. Just connect both DACs to it and it will automatically recognise both DACs and configure a dual mono setup. The manual describes further details on this. I have done tests to confirm operations so really looking forward to your results!

Acko I must say that your attention to detail and quality of your product is unsurpassed!!!
My big problem is actually taking the DAC out of the main system to work on it further. It has not moved since I experimented with IV op amps and selected the LME49990! Wow what a combination in this composite design. I am sure I will find the will power at some point but at the moment I am finding it hard to impossible to go back to my previous DAC even for short period.

Acko I must say that your attention to detail and quality of your product is unsurpassed!!!
My big problem is actually taking the DAC out of the main system to work on it further. It has not moved since I experimented with IV op amps and selected the LME49990! Wow what a combination in this composite design. I am sure I will find the will power at some point but at the moment I am finding it hard to impossible to go back to my previous DAC even for short period.

Not a problem, take your time. You have hit the right note so enjoy it first while your second DAC gets built up similarly :)
Again, thanks for all your efforts and feedback!

Acko.
I have some problems with my AKD38 dac. There is no lock to the usb reciver and from what I can see there is nothing wrong with the setup. I think it's broken and in need of repair. Same deal with or without the pulsar clock. Can I send you the whole package of usb-reciver/dac/controller for you to find out what's not right ? The usb reciver seems to be in order since it comes up in the mediaplayer and is reciving signal.

I have sent you an email so please get back to me as soon as possible, thanks.

Regards. Bengt

Re: Update

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Looks like the previous image link is broken:

flyer_orig.png