• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

diyinhk Store

The current firmware of the 768k PCB is only enabled and tested for usb to i2s 768k and DSD512/1024*

Enable 768k from the official firmware requires 45/49 clock and unique optimization and it can not be done by user following the official xmos programming guide normally.

For ADC->I2S->USB usage, the multichannel xmos pcb using 22/24 clock should be the choice for most people, but it is only upto 384k. User can follow the port map and uses the onboard full size XSYS connector to program the xmos with their customized firmware to add any feature and function by following the xmos programming guide.

USB to I2S 768Khz - DSD512/1024* Converter

Performance is indeed very perfect. But JITTER and the clock if better processing.

Ok so just to recap over the 2 different version mentioned:

The blue one called: XMOS 768kHz DXD DSD512(DSD1024) high-quality USB to I2S/DSD PCB
xmos-dsd-dxd-768khz-high-quality-usb-to-i2sdsd-pcb.jpg

- 4 layer PCB, Ultra low phase noise oscillator
- Support up to 768kHz PCM and DSD512(DSD1024*)
- Using NDK NZ2520SD Ultra low phase noise oscillator

And the green one is called: XMOS Multichannel high-quality USB to/from I2S/DSD SPDIF PCB
xmos-multichannel-high-quality-usb-tofrom-i2sdsd-spdif-pcb.jpg

-4 layer PCB, Ultra low phase noise oscillator
-Up to 32 channels or 384kHz with different firmware

Are there any other differences?

AFAIK with the firmware that comes with the board there is no way for it to receive an external MCLK. You have to use it pretty much as-is.

I suspect that XMOS provides the tools necessary for creating a custom firmware that could support external MCLK, but I also suspect that actually making such a firmware would not be easy.

Isolation & reclocking should not be a problem. We are talking about standard I2S lines.

Hi Dimdim,

do you know if 32-bit multichannel is possible at 192KHz? This would be optimal for digital volume control on the ES9018

I'm not sure. I know that for 8 channel out you will need to order the board with that specific version of the firmware.

I myself haven't done any multichannel testing, since DIYINHK claimed that it was only supported on Win 7 or Linux.

Now I see that they have a new driver out (v3.34) which they claim supports multichannel PCM.

But I believe that DIYINHK can tell us what is actually supported..

I'm not sure. I know that for 8 channel out you will need to order the board with that specific version of the firmware.

I myself haven't done any multichannel testing, since DIYINHK claimed that it was only supported on Win 7 or Linux.

Now I see that they have a new driver out (v3.34) which they claim supports multichannel PCM. But I believe that DIYINHK can tell us what is actually supported..

Currently using the V3.34 driver using miniDSP USBStreamer:

- 10 channel I/O (8 I2S I/O, 2 SPDIF I/O) only on ASIO
- 2 Channels (2 I2S) only on WASAPI Exclusive

And hopefully DIYINHK is on this web more specific what they really support! :D

Also not clear is, whether SPDIF I/O on 192khz is working or not... (while USBStreamer simple do not work at this 192khz SR)

Hp

Hey guys, I`m looking to check DIYIHNK ES9018K2M DAC board and some information is not clear there although for some of you experiences this is obvious. I`m looking to connect Coaxial input in addition to their Optical and USB.

In the product description page for ES9018K2M they said:
"2)The SPDIF input(labelled SPDIF IN) signal level requirement is 3.3V, it is directly connected to the ES9018K2M DAC chip to achieve lowest jitter performance. It can be used to connect SPDIF optical receiver directly(Toshiba TORX147 or equivalent). If it is used to connect coaxial SPDIF, an interface circuit must be used to convert the standard spdif 0.6Vp-p to 3.3V logic level."

Is anyone knows where to get the correct "an interface circuit" and how to connect it? or replace the Optical input for Coaxial one. Looks as the board is worth to try due to its quality parts.

Another question is, by using jumpers (metal pins) to switch between SPDIF(labelled SPDIF IN) and USB input, would you have or manually remove the pin or a jumper from one input and inserted to another input on PCB board to control the Optical and USB inputs?

Thanks

Currently using the V3.34 driver using miniDSP USBStreamer:

- 10 channel I/O (8 I2S I/O, 2 SPDIF I/O) only on ASIO
- 2 Channels (2 I2S) only on WASAPI Exclusive

And hopefully DIYINHK is on this web more specific what they really support! :D

Also not clear is, whether SPDIF I/O on 192khz is working or not... (while USBStreamer simple do not work at this 192khz SR)

Hp

the multchannel xmos can do 44.1-192K spdif out
the 768k xmos can do 88.2-384k spdif out, it is mentioned inside the 768k xmos item description. The spdif out signal is reclocked by the low phase noise oscillator directly and the signal quality is guarantee

Now I see that they have a new driver out (v3.34) which they claim supports multichannel PCM.

But I believe that DIYINHK can tell us what is actually supported..

We have ES9016 8 channel DAC PCB xmos combo, it can do 8 channel 192k playback. It is a standard USB Audio device, any operating system support standard USB Audio device should also work without any problem.

Does this IC turn off the I2S signal when unplugged from usb bus?
If it does, is there a chance to easily reprogram that part of the software to always ha e clocks on even if usb is disconnected?

Thanks!

/George

This PCB is powered by external regulated 3.3V connected to the 20pin header labelled 3.3V and GND, the BCK, MCK, LRCK is always on after the power is supplied.

USB to I2S 768Khz - DSD512/1024* Converter

Performance is indeed very perfect. But JITTER and the clock if better processing.

The MCK Jitter is the same as the famous onboard low phase noise ndk oscillator.
One clear advantage of XMOS usb audio device over the other is the MCK directly from the oscillator. No component or MCU FPGA inbetween degrade the signal quality.

I'm interested for new XMOS_AK4490 combo..
Do I need some work for PCM-DSD switching, or this runs automatically..
What will be active AK4490 filter settings in such combo..
Is it enough to supply this combo with yours Classic Reference 78xx power supply linear regulator 3.3V 5V +-12V - DIYINHK

The 768K xmos flashed with ak449x specific firmware handles all the PCM-DSD switching. The 768k ak449x fimware is fine tuned, no click noise during PCM-DSD switching or pause/playback. But delay power on /instant off output is still needed to mute the power on off click noise.
The filter setting is default the same as the ak449x datasheet.
All power supply meet the PCB power supply requirement can also be used. The 78xx is a high c/p regulator.