Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

New XMOS Multichannel PCB
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th October 2017, 07:52 PM   #71
sebbersund is offline sebbersund  Estonia
diyAudio Member

The setup works quite fine; the only issue are pops and clicks when switching to (and skipping within) DSD files (when using the shipped firmware).

These disappeared once I modified the firmware.
(BTW, I flashed the XMOS chip via an XTag 3 debugger; I have not tried over USB/DFU.)

Generally speaking I am pleased with the sound quality. However, good sources are needed for my ears to notice a difference as compared to the audio chipset of my motherboard.

I have not replaced the op-amps (yet).
I also use basic switched power supplies for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwc View Post
Sebbersund,

How do you like your setup? I have the same two boards, but I haven't yet powered them up. Did you keep the original opamps in the ES9016 board?
Old 23rd October 2017, 12:44 PM   #72
Orion33 is offline Orion33  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbersund View Post
This one (XMOS Multichannel high-quality USB to/from I2S/DSD SPDIF PCB - DIYINHK) is supposed to support ADC and DAC, but there is a trade-off between sampling frequency and number of channels:
384k 6ch out 4ch in + SPDIF out
192k 8ch out 8ch in + SPDIF out
Thank you for answer. Have this device ASIO driver?
Old 26th October 2017, 05:33 AM   #73
sebbersund is offline sebbersund  Estonia
diyAudio Member

@Orion

Drivers can be purchased here: DIYINHK USB Audio Driver [Full Version and Signed] - DIYINHK

Drivers setup (including ASIO part) is described on this page: XMOS Multichannel high-quality USB to/from I2S/DSD SPDIF PCB - DIYINHK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion33 View Post
Thank you for answer. Have this device ASIO driver?
Old 26th October 2017, 07:24 AM   #74
cps3113 is offline cps3113  Ukraine
diyAudio Member

@Orion
I've been using XMOS Multichannel for more than a year.
All questions can be asked in PM in Russian.
Old 4th November 2017, 01:26 AM   #75
JohnnyInBris is online now JohnnyInBris  Australia
diyAudio Member

Do the UAC2 drivers in Win10 Creator update support this board directly?
Old 4th November 2017, 07:36 PM   #76
Dropix is offline Dropix
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyinhk View Post
Dear friends,
A new xmos multichannel PCB is just released.
  • 4 layer PCB, Ultra low phase noise ndk audio oscillator
  • Upto 32 channels or 384kHz with different firmware
  • XMOS Xcore-200 XU216 with 2 Tiles 16 Cores upto 2000MIPS in dual issue mode.

Click the image to open in full size.

The default firmware on the DXIO32ch support 8 channels 192kHz I2S input , 8 channel 192kHz I2S output, spdif output, OLED VU meter and volume up/down control button

Extreme diyer can use the onboard full size XSYS connector to program the xmos with their customized firmware to add more feature and function. (For programming support, please refer to the xmos official website and xcore.com for question about xmos programming, the PCB portmap is shown in the item image.)

The usb audio source code can be downloaded from xmos.com and the VU meter patch can be downloaded from xcore.com released under bsd license.

To compare, the xmos used in the stereo 384k USB I2S PCB is 500MIPS processing power. Our test shows that the OLED VU meter patch can degrade the audio quality if it is not used with the new 2000MIPS XMOS.
Hi

itīs full duplex ?
Old 5th January 2018, 11:47 AM   #77
JayShoe is offline JayShoe  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen567 View Post
This seems like it might be the perfect USB reciever I have been looking for. Plan to interface with a TI PCM1863 ADC and a PCM5242 DAC. DimDim, can you confirm that you get both an input and an output under recording devices and playback devices respectively in Windows? I only need stereo in and out for now.
I'm considering the "XMOS Multichannel high-quality USB to/from I2S/DSD SPDIF PCB" with a PCM5242 DAC and two PCM1864 4 channel ADCs. The result will be an 8 channel in and a 2 channel out board. I haven't sourced the ADC/DAC boards yet but that will be the next step.

My question is whether or not this board will work as a USB Soundcard with built in Audio Mixer. I want to mix the 8 channels of inputs into the 2 channels of output. I want the host computer to control the mix volumes and parameters (HID or MIDI). And if it's powerful enough, I want to add reverb effects to 4 of the 8 input channels. I do not need to "record" all 8 input channels via USB. I really only need to record the mix... Just 8 in, plus stereo USB Audio out of the host, processed by the DSP, and sent to the DAC with low latency.

Is this possible with this DIYINHK board? I'm assuming I would need custom firmware for this. But since the XMOS chips are used in many DJ Mixers in similar ways I think the power/technology is there. Right?

Last edited by JayShoe; 5th January 2018 at 11:55 AM.
Old 6th January 2018, 03:55 PM   #78
Rixsta is offline Rixsta  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I would like to know answer to this question too!
Old 6th January 2018, 04:02 PM   #79
wealas is offline wealas
diyAudio Member

You might want to ask xmos related questions at xcore.com, the DIYINHK board is mostly a reference implementation and all the features you're asking for would be based on a firmware for the xmos chip.
Old 20th January 2018, 04:16 PM   #80
henrylarsen is offline henrylarsen  Denmark
diyAudio Member

I have installed this board with my Soekris 1021. Works fine, but with one problem. I can easily get 384 kHz from my mac, but not from windows 10, only 192. I have installed the newest driver 3.38 from DIYINHK. Any hints to what I can do?
- sorry wrong thread, mine is not multi-channel, but driver is the same anyway..

Last edited by henrylarsen; 20th January 2018 at 04:38 PM.

New XMOS Multichannel PCBHide this!Advertise here!