• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hypex NCore NC500 build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All
First post here. Thanks for all the info you guys share and some amazing projects going on out there.
So I've been putting together some Hypex Amps to sell a UcD180 UcD400 and a NC500 based amp. The NC500 certainly has some grunt! here are a few pics so far. I'm now on the search for a preamp to complete the line up. I have some cases coming in to evaluate. The idea is to mill the front panel and perhaps add some veneer as I also build IPL Acoustics kits and do lots of veneering. If anybody out there needs a few pointers in veneering or building IPL kits I would be happy to offer advise.
006_zps9ggbt0sf.jpg

IMG_1717%20-%20Copy_zpswvt2e35l.jpg

ed3e816f-eae5-4e63-ae98-0858c1d4ee86_zpsi2diumxk.jpg

hi jojip I am, be it a small one I build speakers from IPL Acoustics kits and represent Abrahamsen Audio a Norwegian brand in the UK. I'm putting together some Hypex amps to sell in the UK along with complete DIY kits with full instructions. There are people out there not confident/skilled enough to contemplate a full DIY build.

Please...! Rearrange the setup in a way that the the supply wires of the Ncores and all signal wires of the Ncores and all audio signal PCBs do have a safety distance and/or double isolated wires vs. the AC main inlet wiring and vs the primary side of the PSU.

Especially, when you intend to sell your amps such flaws are simply irresponsible.
Recall your products. Get the EN60065 or the newer EN62368.
Read it, understand it. If necessary consult a safety expert.
Don't wait until you get jailed, because of dead customers.

sccp led

Hi Boggit,
I've seen on the pict of your NC500 proto that both 'ready' & 'over current' led's are lit. - Is it a fault or just a wrong indication of the SCCP led ? (assuming your amp works normally) -
How hot your modules are when running, especially the caps temperature ?
Thanks for your inputs ;-)
G.

Spoken with Hypex regarding over current LED. I have to remove a wire from Pin 9 J12 of the ribbon cable, and all will function as intended as it just grounds the signal indicating a over current. Another afternoon spent building the 2nd Mono Block and ironing out the issues for production. Anybody aware of a company that is good with relatively low numbers for making cables up, specifically the JST VL 6 way power leads? Job for tomorrow. Cheers for all the positive comments of encouragement via PM. Just a note to say NC500 modules are not available for DIY kit purposes only the UcD modules which I have to say are very good.

Hi Boggit
I am currently also building an NC500OEM stereo prototype for use with our DEQX active loudspeakers. In the past we have used uCd400 modules which were much easier to connect. Unfortunately I am not an electronics engineer (just a physics PhD!) and there are some pins on the 36-pin J3 that I don't fully understand, particularly:
pin 11 Vdr "a floating unregulated supply must be connected between this pin and -HV"?
pin 25 -Vsig "negative supply for modulator stage"?
pin 26 +Vsig "positive supply for modulator stage"?
Are there any others (or anything else!) I should be wary of?
Thanks
Rod

Hi Boggit

I am in the UK and most interested if you are able to make an nc500 pair for £1000 - this I consider good value for money

Was considering the ATSAH but when someone leaked the nc500 module is only 89 Euro, I felt £1600-1700 for a pair was too steep and put me off HYPEX uber 'markup' products

Thanks

Please...! Rearrange the setup in a way that the the supply wires of the Ncores and all signal wires of the Ncores and all audio signal PCBs do have a safety distance and/or double isolated wires vs. the AC main inlet wiring and vs the primary side of the PSU.

Especially, when you intend to sell your amps such flaws are simply irresponsible.
Recall your products. Get the EN60065 or the newer EN62368.
Read it, understand it. If necessary consult a safety expert.
Don't wait until you get jailed, because of dead customers.

Where can you get these standards? Are they available anyplace for free download? I tried to search but I only find it downloadable from some sources for like 400 usd.
I would expect a goverment required standard to be freely available from some goverment source - especially as electronic distribution is practical free of cost and it should be in everyones interest to spread this information widely.
But I may have the wrong expectations - what do I know...:confused:

Hi tie33er I have to say when you start costing things, cases, feet, binding posts, packing to ship etc. The crimp tool for the JST VL sockets are £400! It soon mounts up its suprising. Mine will have a push button switch on the front with illuminated blue ring. The top and bottom of the case will be chamfered, the silver of the Ally will shine through, on all finishes black, brushed silver and I'm working on a Veneered front as well. Progress is posted on my website with pics We Build IPL Speakers. Build Hypex Amps & Sell Abrahamsen Audio

Brilliant and thanks. Yes I can imagine how the côsts creep up ...I have been considering nc400 DIY, so if nc500 can be done around this figure may opt for that as reports this far indicate it's a slighlty warmer sounding amp (preferred)!

Hi tie33er I have to say when you start costing things, cases, feet, binding posts, packing to ship etc. The crimp tool for the JST VL sockets are £400! It soon mounts up its suprising. Mine will have a push button switch on the front with illuminated blue ring. The top and bottom of the case will be chamfered, the silver of the Ally will shine through, on all finishes black, brushed silver and I'm working on a Veneered front as well. Progress is posted on my website with pics We Build IPL Speakers. Build Hypex Amps & Sell Abrahamsen Audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.