• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hypex NCore NC500 build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you Bavmike! Funny, I was looking at it yesterday on site about quitters. Wasn't sure if a new production...and than I lost it.
I will order it and report results!
Cheers

No problem. They just might be a nice balance between the Sparko's and SIL 994's. The Dexa special edition duals are on sale 50% right now at Parts Connexion right here in Canada as well!

DEXA Technologies Discrete Audio Op-Amp

Cheers contacted them, lets give them a whirl and they are from the UK which is good.
Your on it at the moment Mike doing some pretty good stuff.

Yeah works out good for you being local. Maybe order some of those Dexa's while on sale as well. The Special edition have much higher current capabilities than the older standards. They would probably work very well.

I suppose the same could be said about DSP room correction rather than using physical room correction devices. Actually much easier to swap an opamp in a socket, than mount devices all over the walls. WAF factor much better as well.
Nope. EQ doesn't solve time domain issues unless the response is minimum phase behavior. That basically means EQ only can work well in the very lowest frequencies but even here there are trade offs.

Nope. EQ doesn't solve time domain issues unless the response is minimum phase behavior. That basically means EQ only can work well in the very lowest frequencies.

Eq also doesn't accurately substitute changing out an amplifier in the playback chain either. Otherwise all you should need is 1 good amplifier, and you can emulate any other amplifier on the planet. Also not everyone is setup with advanced DSP EQ that can apply emulation to even native DSD tracks. No problem playing back untouched native DSD through the Nord amp with any opamp option.

Hello folks,

I’m researching a DIY build of an Ncore module and am just going through the datasheets / connections.

A quick question, what type of power switch is required for routing the standby output voltage to the power supply enable pin to take the amp out of standby?
I think it is probably a latching switch to keep the voltage going to that pin, but I am unsure?

Thanks!

Don't misconstrue me. Purely economical point of view. My money does not grow on trees.
Beside integrating multi-channel in custom project or home active speakers, in most case you and I are building stereo amp, so Hypex do not sell nc400 when it costs more (yes, more) than buying the built ones, do they? The Nord, the austrian ones, maybe other, for less money than nude nc400 in kit...
So what is the point for Hypex in still selling the nc400?

Best ask Hypex that one!
There are plenty of folks who never come across the smaller boutique vendors offering a great performance price ratio product.
Not to mention customers who get enjoyment from building there own amplifier.

We have some new updates coming shortly, new Pre Amp, new Integrated Amp and a new Power amp with modules from Ice Power coming.

Yes you are right,
I can only see clean done job like yours, just show the cash, or the willing of doing it yourself and taylor it more or less.
But that means for people who just used to build DIY because it was way cheaper this is the end of an era. Mind a kit, even if nc400 is very High-End, costing much, much more than one month of income? Or DIY becoming a upper classes hobby now... Sorry that is oot. I stop it.
We are waiting for your new products ;)

Side note: Hypex never replied my last mails, even if I was a customer of their online shop. I guess the 8% DIY market are just going to die slowly.

Icepower 1200AS2

Best ask Hypex that one!

...We have some new updates coming shortly, new Pre Amp, new Integrated Amp and a new Power amp with modules from Ice Power coming.

I was about to buy the Icepower 1200AS2 kit but I discarded it after substantially improving the sound in my second system after the new drop in noise that I got, but maybe next year I will be encouraged, as long as UK continues in the EU (you know, future custom taxes, although it will be compensated with a pound still weaker than the current one, but you buy the modules with euros).

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.