• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hummingbird Verita Dual Mono AK 4495S XMOS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
soundcheck.

Correction: all PS' are supplied, and purpose built. Just add transformers.

Yep. 3 (three) transformers obviously have nothing to with power supplies. :rolleyes: And highest quality transformers, switches, cabling, fuses must be considered pocket money. I know.

What did I say about ignorance!?!?

Soekris - I guess you know him and his great project - also recommended to "just" hook up a transformer and you'll be set. "It's good enough"
People who follow the Soekris project closely (I do) know how this ended up.

However. The key issue is the USB interface. Just check how your DAC performs against a USB-Regen. It's just an advise. Joro put huge efforts
into getting the USB interface under control in the past. A pity if he wouldn't walk the extra mile this time.

;) With Burson v5 sound even better: Supreme Sound Opamp V5 – Burson Audio

bfad2b8ce4daa62729a7a239b050fe72.jpg

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Hey guys, I was wondering if somebody did some comparison with commercial DACs like Gustard, schiit gungnir or other DACs on AKM chips? If it is appropriate to talk about it here in this thread. As it was mentioned before with this price tag this product enters into similar commercial DACs territory and it lacks in some aspects (warranty maybe, resale ability, support, nice case and being completely finished product), so I assume in order to be competitive it has to be better elsewhere, so maybe the sound quality? The output is not on discreet components on this one right?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.