• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

CS6A4983 current assisted linear amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am sorry that I have posted this wrongly in the DIYHIFI thread, while this is not available in DIYHIFI. Therefore, I shall post it in here again such that more people can read this thread without confusing the amplifier PCBA is available from DIYHIFI

Recently, a new linear amplifier IC CS6A4983 has been developed by Canaan Semiconductor Limited, which has Class A audio quality with Class B amplifier efficiency (in most case, as good in power efficiency as Class D amplifier).

Don't confuse with dynamic biasing Class AB amplifier, instead, the current assisted linear amplifier topology is very much like the current dump topology of QUAD 405, but Canaan carefully measures the current feeding through a series of sensing resistors, and compares that with the required current to drive the load. The current amplifier will then be adjusted to provide the difference. The current amplifier is also directly injected into the output before the sensing stage and after the embedded Class A amplifier, which put the current amplifier close to the load, such that the current amplifier can act faster than the embedded Class A amplifier to prevent the Class A amplifier from overloading. In fact the current amplifier embedded inside CS6A4983 has very fast skew rate to commensurate the rise time required over the audio range.

The result is a CS6A4983 linear audio amplifier that can produce high quality and high power music in a "cool" way.

All the above are captured in the youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBeniBaiUFw

If you are interested, you can get the bare board directly from Seeedunio

Buy Current Assisted Class A Linear Amplifier (CSEVB6101R3) [107990012] | Seeedstudio

or from Canaan's distributor

Clere
Profusion plc, Audio Semiconductors and Components - Splash Screen
About Us - United Link Technology Limited.

or directly from Canaan

sales@canaan-semi.com

Enjoy

CS6A4983 based amplifier modules with build in DC-DC converter and electronic volume is now available in SURE

Enjoy ;-)

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 213
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 210
???????????????????????????????????????????

I often check The stock of The canaan semiconductor amplifier chips.
But I couldn't find any.
While I was waiting producing of cs6a4991,I check The canaan semiconductor audio amplifiers datasheet paper and The chip diseappears.
Instead of this chip, I saw new chip with same topology: Cs6a4997.
So what is the current situation?
Will be they available?
When???
I am really sick of tired of waiting!!
IS THERE ANY IDEA SOME KIND OF DEMO BOARD FOR CS6A4997 ??
OR should we forget this chips and continue to play our classAB amplifiers??

Questions questions..
You are marketing a Product but we don't find any place to buy The chips.(I couldn't find more polite way to say this:) )

Thanks for the message.
Yes CS6A4991 has been discontinued.
It's now replaced with CS6A4997, which is better in THD, and more stable in high power (better PSRR).

The IC and the demo board are available with Clere Electronics

Clere Electronics - Distributor of Electronic Components

You can also write to Eltim about the availability of ELTIM's CS6A4997 audio amplifier module, which should be available by now.

ELTIM audio BV, Europe's supplier of high quality electronics & audio parts

Thanks for your interest, and I hope you will enjoy Canaan's amplifier IC.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.