• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Mirand TSSA V4 and V8 Lateral mosfet amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Finally finish tasa v4

Finally finish tasa V4

First one Tasa V4
1x800 va sec 2x30 v basic (0.8)A
Cap 188,000 ur

Second one tasa V4
Dual mono
2x500 va sec 2x25 v basic (1.6)A
Cap 120,000 per Chanel

Third one
Aleph J
Dual mono 1.6 A

Dear sonny sadly speaker protection board not working with 3 amp ..now using cheapo Chinese protection board .

Best

Attachments

• IMG_0524.jpg
    IMG_0524.jpg
    878.8 KB · Views: 660
They look really really nice and does not look like DIY at all. Congratulation.

I think we have been writing about it Myint the DC softstart. Also about the 1 channel of output board that you needed replaced. Some how we have not been speaking more about that.

I still have all the parts and would ship to you. But you said that your new address was a problem!?

BR

Sonny

I am using the TSSA V2 with two 500VA (36v sec) transformers. The transformers are 230V prim, so i wired the two together to operate them at my mains voltage (115V).

I have questions regarding optimal capacitance and bias.

Right now they are running around 0.2 A and the cap bank from sonny (60,000).

Question for people with experience with V2/V4:

what would the optimal bias and capacitance be (running fairly benign impedance speakers, 6-8 ohm).

Chasis is the pessante dissipante 3u form hifi 2000:

https://www.modushop.biz/site/index.php?route=product/product&path=66_96_104&product_id=203

I wish to congratulate Sonny, TSSA V8 is a superb amplifier!!!!
I'm sorry about one thing, I've kept him in the box for so long without trying it.
It is very fast, with an articulated bass, crystalline voices, without fatigue, very silent.
I have been listening for hours on this wonderful amplifier, I really like it very much and you are one of my favorites. And Sonny was right, the best sound is with the classic PSU. I tried the switch, but I was not happy.
Once again, thanks Sonny!

Attachments

• 20180330_230034_resized.jpg
    20180330_230034_resized.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 619
  • 20180330_230114_resized.jpg
    20180330_230114_resized.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 599
Sonny

I have a gfa 555 power amp without a driver board..

Do you think I could incorporate the control board to gfa 555.

Bplus is around 82v

No that is not possible. I have checked and it is two very different design.

bipolar and source/emitter follower output stage in the GFA 555 and MOSFET drain/collector follower output stage.

BR

Sonny

I wish to congratulate Sonny, TSSA V8 is a superb amplifier!!!!
I'm sorry about one thing, I've kept him in the box for so long without trying it.
It is very fast, with an articulated bass, crystalline voices, without fatigue, very silent.
I have been listening for hours on this wonderful amplifier, I really like it very much and you are one of my favorites. And Sonny was right, the best sound is with the classic PSU. I tried the switch, but I was not happy.
Once again, thanks Sonny!

Can you give me a Sonic evaluation of the bass ?

I understand that you are not happy with the bass :)
I can say that from memory the bass was very nice and with a punch in the chest.
Even at low volume. My speakers are after this project:
Jenzen-Accu
I do not know what else to say ... I really liked this TSSA V8 amp. After an upgrade ,I really want to finish it and put it in nice case.

Technical specs of the TSSA V4 and V8

• Size : 170x70x59 LxWxH
  • +/-30 - +/-75VDC supply voltage
  • 1.3MHz Bandwidth
  • Current capacity 39/63Apeak for V4/V8
  • 8 Mosfet per channel (V4 = single die, V8 = dual die)
  • Minimum idle current 0.4A/0.8A for TSSA V4/V8
  • Input can be single ended or balanced
  • All discrete amplifier stages. Input build around two discrete opamps
  • Low noise regulators
  • Connector for external Solidstate relay with DC sense autoshutoff
  • Power rating at +/-75vdc
    8R = 310W (V4/V8)
    4R = 620W (V4/V8)
    2R = 1070W (V8)
    1R = 1800W (V8)

Sonny , can you tell me what the output-power would be by 63Vdc power rails for the V8 ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.