• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Mirand TSSA V4 and V8 Lateral mosfet amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry for my absence, but the frontend need a small tweak to work as i wanted it to.

I have attached screen shots from the scope.

The frontend work with 2x gain. Second stage works with 11x gain for V4/V8.

The frontend screenshot is record at 200KHz.

So we will continue assembling the amps now. As this goes on i will upload some more pictures with low ohm load behavior.

Sonny

When do you expect the amps being ready for shipping?

Pictures before soldering :

717480d7e59e678af07926930a2de67b.jpg
1c64cf4b26df93ca64195170eb16cffd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my v4 modules today�� paired them with a hypex smps 1200/400 and set them up for 400mA bias. First impressions are great. No perceivable noise at all on my speakers with 84dB sensitivity. I will comment on the sound later, but first impressions are very good also.
This amp seems to hold up to the expectations that I had. Thanks Sonnya

Last edited:
Announcement of TSSA V2.

The TSSA V2 features:

• will share the baseplate with the TSSA V4/V8.
  • Differential/Singleended input.
  • max +/-55VDC suppy voltage -
  • using 2x35VAC toroid (+/-50VDC) : 120W/180W @ 8R/4R
  • Fully tested
  • Mount on heatsink using only 4 pcs 4mm machine screws and thermal paste
  • Same design as TSSA V4 but only 2 pairs of mosfets. Capacitors are changed to 63VDC rating instead of 80VDC, heatsink on control board is smaller.

The TSSA V2 will be based on the same boards as the TSSA V4 and V8. Difference is max working voltage of +/-55VDC, Only 2 pairs of mosfet compaired to the TSSA V4 and smaller heatsinks on the control board.

We are ready to take orders on the TSSA V2 now.

First ones will ship week 28.

TSSA V2 price : 220€/channel (Early bird on this one is 160€/channel)

Available week 28 and early bird runs until the end of week 28

You are Welcome.. May i ask how your configuration is?

A Hypex SMPS 1200/400 is delivering power to two V4 modules. It might be better to use two SMPS or a linear power supply, but that was what I had at hand, so I used it. It would be interesting to hear if a linear power supply is different (or better). Maybe I build one in the future.
The Monitors are Kalasans designed in the other thread from Joachim Gerhard. Supported by two subs that are fed by minidsp ice modules.. Source is a RME fireface UFX.
I use the amp in a Studioenvironment.
I come from active powered Monitors like Event Opal and K&H O300s but found that the Kalasans play in a different and for my ears much better league. So they replaced the old monitors and now I have this amp with which they even sound better than before.( Hypex 400 Modules)
Very natural and easy for the ears with all the detail I need. I will not go back to Class D.
We have a pair of Geithain 940 Monitors here in the studio and the V4/Kalasan Combination is definitely not worse than those speakers, just different.

Last edited:
Early bird TSSA V4:

Myint67 TSSA v4 x 4 modules (Paid)
Vitalica TSSA v4 x 2 modules (Paid) (Tested) (Shipped)
rogerchou TSSA V4 x 2 modules (Paid) (Tested) (Shipped)
hop.sing TSSA V4 x 2 modules (Paid) (Tested) (Shipped)
Pinnocchio TSSA V4 x 2 modules
Sperrey TSSA V4 x 6 (Paid) (2 pcs Tested)
Catal TSSA V4 x 2 modules (Paid) (Tested) (Shipped)
ncc TSSA V4 x 2 modules

Early bird TSSA V4:

Myint67 TSSA v4 x 4 modules (Paid)
Vitalica TSSA v4 x 2 modules (Paid) (Tested) (Shipped)
rogerchou TSSA V4 x 2 modules (Paid) (Tested) (Shipped)
hop.sing TSSA V4 x 2 modules (Paid) (Tested) (Shipped)
Pinnocchio TSSA V4 x 2 modules
Sperrey TSSA V4 x 6 (Paid) (2 pcs Tested)
Catal TSSA V4 x 2 modules (Paid) (Tested) (Shipped)
ncc TSSA V4 x 2 modules

Early bird is stopped now on the TSSA V4 and V8

1 - 3 TSSA V2 price : 220€/channel
4 - 8 TSSA V2 price : 200€/channel
(Early bird discount on TSSA V2 is 60€ channel. Early bird runs to the end of week 28)

1 - 3 pcs TSSA V4 price is 314€/channel.
4 - 8 pcs TSSA V4 price is 284€/channel.

1 - 3 pcs TSSA V8 price is 419€/channel.
4 - 8 pcs TSSA V8 price is 389€/channel.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.