• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.

Hi Sonny

I received the output board yesterday with no power jumper. Is this planned to be shipped with the LPS? If not, I will have to buy a Molex crimper and terminals for one connection.

BR
Todd
74b4835a5478d0d7e917a737e965d50a.jpg

I am sorry. I will send it right away!

Hi Sonny,

Please tell me, do you know when it will be ready LPS ?

Thank you :)

BR

Hi vitalica.

They will be ready by next week.

We have changed the size of the heatsink and added a low noise smps before the +5.5V low noise regulator.

But everything still fits in the space

The wrongly made LPS (V1.0) does work but is limited to 200mA on the +/-15V and 100mA on the +5.5V (can be adjusted from +5V to +6V)

I sell the LPS V1.0 to 75€/pcs until the 9pcs are gone.

Last edited:
Summer sale 20% discount.

Following we can ship out tomorrow and monday (week 30) and all week 31.

We have:

2 sets in stock of Display and DAC with Discrete output stage for 370€/pcs.

2 sets in stock of DAC with Discrete output stage for 260€/pcs

1 sets in stock of DAC with ADA4898-1 opamp singleended output stage for 187€/pcs

9 pcs of LPS V1.0 (200mA on the +/-15V and 100mA on the +5.5V) for 75€ (that is 50%)

BR

Sonny

Hi vitalica.

They will be ready by next week.

We have changed the size of the heatsink and added a low noise smps before the +5.5V low noise regulator.

But everything still fits in the space

The wrongly made LPS (V1.0) does work but is limited to 200mA on the +/-15V and 100mA on the +5.5V (can be adjusted from +5V to +6V)

I sell the LPS V1.0 to 75€/pcs until the 9pcs are gone.

Hi Sonny,

Good news, thank you very much!

BR

Hi

We still have stock and ifwe run out we will make more.

Secondly regarding the LPS V1.0

One asked if it was good enough for powering the AK4490 DAC???

The LPS V1.0 is good enough for powering the Discrete preamp with frontpanel or the AK4490 without the frontpanel.

It cannot be used for powering both. Only the preamp kit or the DAC without frontpanel.

BR

Sonny

It is good enough

New firmware for the frontpanel when used with the DAC only.

Two weeks ago we have made a new firmware for the frontpanel used with the DAC only.

d9b23ee95f7d153af48ed62c2da18157.jpg
Hi Sonny,

I bought the DAC and discrete board last year.
-any new firmware update?
- for the frontpanel, can I add buttons to select the filters etc?
- How much is for the front panel?

I have a 600:600 ohm transformer and I am thinking of trying it out. Can you also show me how to connect the transformer directly to the AK4490 board? I read somewhere in this thread that the output need a resistor across it or in series with the output? Not sure, but please help. Am thinking of testing out before investing in a Lumdahl.