• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

Or maybe you should use the upcoming dam1941 board, basically a dac1541 with power supply and output buffers removed.... Will also be available in a single ended version, the dam1921, same board but half the resistors networks mounted....

Attachments

• IMG_2626.JPG
    IMG_2626.JPG
    389.8 KB · Views: 538
Last edited:
@soren

Any idea on pricing for dam1941 and dam1921?

Not finalized yet, right now my spreadsheet says, in qty 1:

dam1921-02: EUR 389 / USD 460.
dam1941-12: EUR 567 / USD 670.

Most of the leaded parts will be mounted, unlike the dam1021.

I expect production available start September, as the hardware and firmware is basically dac1541, the new boards just work, in fact, first production series looks like to be the prototype PCB.... I expect to also have a PCB for basic Linear Power Supply ready at the same time.

Complete info will come up on the Soekris Website in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Not finalized yet, right now my spreadsheet says, in qty 1:

dam1921-02: EUR 389 / USD 460.
dam1941-12: EUR 567 / USD 670.

Most of the leaded parts will be mounted, unlike the dam1021.

I expect production available start September, as the hardware and firmware is basically dac1541, the new boards just work, in fact, first production series looks like to be the prototype PCB.... I expect to also have a PCB for basic Linear Power Supply ready at the same time.

Complete info will come up on the Soekris Website in the next couple of weeks.

so the usb in integrated in the board? i see an xmos chip in the picture.

so the usb in integrated in the board? i see an xmos chip in the picture.

Yes, the dam1941 have all the digital inputs, just like a dac1541. In fact, the dam1941 also have support for an additional I2S input, t.ex. for a Streamer interface....

Do you intend to continue offering the Dam1021 and Dam1121?

Yes, until there are no sales of them anymore....

@soren

The additional i2s input will be unbalanced? Support to take/use balanced i2s?

Just std 3.3V cmos levels. You can do you own balanced I2S interface, there are no standard for that....

Any info on your power supply?

I'm planning do to a basic but very flexible power supply with PCB mounted transformers and LM317 / LM337 regulators, to supply +-5V for the dam1941 itself, +-7-15V for optional buffer board and a high voltage line done by a voltage multiplier, for a tube buffer board....

People are of course welcome to do all kinds of fancy Power Supplies and Output Buffers, there seems to be as many ideas about that as there are builders....

Just std 3.3V cmos levels. You can do you own balanced I2S interface, there are no standard for that....

I'm planning do to a basic but very flexible power supply with PCB mounted transformers and LM317 / LM337 regulators, to supply +-5V for the dam1941 itself, +-7-15V for optional buffer board and a high voltage line done by a voltage multiplier, for a tube buffer board....

People are of course welcome to do all kinds of fancy Power Supplies and Output Buffers, there seems to be as many ideas about that as there are builders....

Some new single board computers have only 1.8V level i2s, any advise there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soekris
Not relevant anymore, the vref circuit have been improved a lot since.... Just add some polymer capacitors, there are even holes for them....
Originally Posted by AVR300
Has this turned into an universal recommendation even at version 4 and 5 boards ?
If yes, which value of capacitance is recommended?

Really like an answer to this question.