• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

I have purchased over 6 Dam board till now infact I havent tried filter brewing. I have a doubt that I would like to change the filter by and external buttons either it could be using a micro controller or any other option is also fine. Can anyone tell me how to change the filters like take about 4 filters or 8 filters where it can changed externally? how its done?

This thread must be of interest for you:
Filter brewing for the Soekris R2R

I currently use the F6 filter of the 106 filter pack frrom post #1379 and I am quite happy with it. Transients sounds quite good with this (short) filter. I downloaded the filters with a serial connection to my PC (USB to serial convertor dongle). Futhermore, I configured the startup filter so that F6 filter is chosen at bootup of DAM.

Fedde

@soekris:

I have plans to buy the dac1321 with a suitable external power supply.

With connecting the external PS is the DAC completely powered by this PS or are some parts of the DAC powered yet by the 5V USB bus?

Thanks

Matt

The USB interface is always powered by USB power. The rest of the DAC (fully isolated) is powered by the external power if provided, otherwise by USB power.

No comments. (just felt like I have to do a no comments)...

You know what you should do? Put out an ultra hi-end version of the 1021, claiming that its performance is miles ahead from the "plain" 1021 but giving no more information or documentation and pricing it at >2K per board.

Then just sit back and wait patiently for the orders by these boutique 20K€ "dac manufacturers". :D

Is it allowed that manufacturers can use the DIY- and not the OEM-boards for their products?

Matt

Anybody can do whatever they want, as long as it's a Soekris product :), although I don't understand why they didn't use the dam1121 OEM board....

Maybe they should go even further and use this for their casing:

Crushed wood is stronger than steel

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'm trying to use a 1:1 transformer to connect a DAM to a nCORE 400. I get "static, noise hum" - low level, need to go up to speaker to hear it, and higher frequencies.

I just hooked it up floating using hot and cold leads. DAM in balanced mode / 1 channel per board.

May I hook up the the primary center-tap to ground on the DAM? Is there any DC level that could saturate my transformer?

//

I'm trying to use a 1:1 transformer to connect a DAM to a nCORE 400. I get "static, noise hum" - low level, need to go up to speaker to hear it, and higher frequencies.

I just hooked it up floating using hot and cold leads. DAM in balanced mode / 1 channel per board.

May I hook up the the primary center-tap to ground on the DAM? Is there any DC level that could saturate my transformer?

//
have you connected the ground of the 1:1 transformer to safety earth?

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
By Ground, do you mean the case/core?

From nCORE manual:

"You would never directly connect the cold pin of the input connector to the ground pin in the same way as you would never locally ground input of an isolation transformer because it would no longer provide isolation."

//

I have purchased over 6 Dam board till now infact I havent tried filter brewing. I have a doubt that I would like to change the filter by and external buttons either it could be using a micro controller or any other option is also fine. Can anyone tell me how to change the filters like take about 4 filters or 8 filters where it can changed externally? how its done?

This describes how to load and choose filters with a PC.
filter setup