• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

In play mode you type: F4 or F5 or F6 or F7 (not the function keys!) for selecting one of the 4 filters

When you go into the uManager (+++) you type:
set filters = Linear
or
set filters = Mixed
or
set filters = Minimum
or
set filters = Soft

Linear, Mixed, Minimum, Soft corresponds to F4, F5, F6, F7

Last edited:
In play mode you type: F4 or F5 or F6 or F7 (not the function keys!) for selecting one of the 4 filters

When you go into the uManager (+++) you type:
set filters = Linear
or
set filters = Mixed
or
set filters = Minimum
or
set filters = Soft

Linear, Mixed, Minimum, Soft corresponds to F4, F5, F6, F7

ive The v099 Party Pak downloaded onto the dac
how do I select one of these filters

I appreciate your patience

No, if you want the first filter EQHQv5 from the party pack, you enter:
set filters = linear

That sets default filter bank when the board is powered on. It doesn't change current settings IIRC. Use short commands available outside uManager for that.

ok there's only four options
linear, mixed, minimum, and soft
for each bank of the four banks of filters

would be much simpler if it was bank1,bank2,bank3,bank4

$ dam1021.py -f 1
$ dam1021.py -f 2
$ dam1021.py -f 3
$ dam1021.py -f 4

https://github.com/fortaa/dam1021

I was wondering if anyone who has tested this could give an opinion on if the 0.01/0.02 resister version was enough or if I would achieve better results switching everything to 0.01%. Also is the factory vref mod enough or is it worth modifying that also?

I was hoping to connect this to a Pi2 via I2S, if I can get the Pi2 powersupply right.

I've got a perreaux dp32 (es9018) to compare it to, but the output on the DAC is louder on one side and they aren't returning my phone calls :rolleyes:

My DAM is up and running.
Latest firmware.

I have only a problem with the dig.volume control,if set to high the sound wil distort. (10K lin pot)

Is there a fix ?

Attachments

• DSC03306.jpg
    DSC03306.jpg
    1,015.3 KB · Views: 963
My DAM is up and running.
Latest firmware.

I have only a problem with the dig.volume control,if set to high the sound wil distort. (10K lin pot)

Is there a fix ?

The volume control goes as high as +10dB digital full scale, so at max volume the dam will distort on most modern program material.
In my opinion it would be great to have a choice in the firmware for 0dB max Volume. Right now I have a serial resistor in between the 10K pot and the dam to limit the volume to 0dB.

New Soekris DAC/AMP and standalone DAC

Latest DAC/AMP combo from Soekris at the recent RMAF show CANJAM AT RMAF 2015 – BRIAN MURPHY | Headphone.Guru

Soekris.jpg
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The interesting take away is that the DAC/AMP board supports DSD.

The standalone DAC board on the side also looks interesting and different from the DAM, it looks smaller and the connector laayout is also different.

The is a mention of a DAM2021 on the soekris.eu site noting concrete, maybe a typo

The standalone DAC board on the side also looks interesting and different from the DAM, it looks smaller and the connector laayout is also different.

The is a mention of a DAM2021 on the soekris.eu site noting concrete, maybe a typo

The Soekris.dk site mentioned something about an OEM board (checked a couple of days back). Maybe the standalone DAC board in the picture is that

The DAM2021 reference seems to be a typo. Refers to the firmware update for the older 0.02% boards last month

The Soekris.dk site mentioned something about an OEM board (checked a couple of days back). Maybe the standalone DAC board in the picture is that

Soekris now has more details, Nov 2015 estimated ship
Soekris Engineering, Inc. | products dac1101

The OEM board is probably the DAM1121

Here is to hoping Soren has the DSD functionality for the DAM1021 boards soon as the OEM board is shipping with DSD.

Last edited: