• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

If you were not in the first group (I put my interest in last summer BTW), then you will have to wait for the 2nd batch of boards, 1st batch is sold out. This info is in the first post.

Randy

i'm in the first batch of boards:scratch1:

Just got confirmed that boards did land at the US office, and I expect that most, if not all, orders there will be shipped out today.

And just to say it again, I do engineering and manufacturing, the two online stores do the actual order processing and shipping so I can't answer for them. Any questions related to individual orders need to be directly to one of the two online stores.

thanks, hope it will be soon...

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
As far as i understand from Soren posts there is no quality difference between pot and serial interface, at the end even using pot it reads voltage value and arrange volume digital. So even pot quality does not matter regarding to sound quality.

Anyone can conform that please.

Yes, that is what Søren has said. The pot is not in the signal path in any way.

Søren posted that "open" sales began on the 20th. My understanding was that anyone who ordered after the 19th lost whatever "batch position" they may have had.
And fair enough too - people had a week to place an order if they wanted a board early.

I actually ordered on the 12th... so I'm not sure what happened. Oh wells, hopefully it's soon. It's not Søren's "fault" anyhow... hopefully his webshop staff is working on it :)

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
If it's any consolation, I haven't received confirmation also... I'm still chilling - the rest of the transformers etc haven't arrived for me anyhow :)

I'm sure Søren said that the second batch of boards was ready for shipping meaning there enough boards for all orders. I wouldn't be surprised if Soekris are shipping in same sequence orders were placed.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlevoice View Post
BTW: In my experience the Amanero is prone to clicks & pops when changing either sample rate or tracks - mostly so in foobar and less so in JRiver (although it's still there to some extent).
I have never experienced any clicks or pops w. SBT, Amanero and my R2R dac.

Thanks for the info Sebastian ... Wonder why it's on mine then :confused: ... It's been there on all the PCs I've tried (3 very new ones).

Things to ponder ... :scratch1:

Cheers,

Jesper

Can you post close up photo of your connections, quite a few of us will be using amanero.

Well, here are some photos. I doubt they're very useful as it's quite hard to see what is going on. On the Amanero board the solid color leads are aconnected to DATA, BCLK, FSCLK and 3.3V. The other leads w. white stripes are all used for the corresponding GND headers.
I'll try to mark the connections on the Amanero and DAM1021 diagrams.

Attachments

• amanero1.jpg
    amanero1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,237
  • DAM1021-I2S.jpg
    DAM1021-I2S.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 1,186
Last edited:
Nice in theory, but I pm'd mid-November, and my boards shipped out from the US store today.

I PM'd in Sept and my order number is: 100006038 ... I'd think it's one of the firsts... in either case, it's an online shop issue and is out of our control. Will give it a few more days before questioning.

It just sucks not knowing what happened to it that's all.